Home > Archives > IJSRST162295
Comparative Standardization Study of Three Marketed Amala Churna Formulations
Authors(5) :-Vandana R. Kolekar, Samruddhi D. Kore, Bharati R. Kokare, A. R. Dhole, C. S. Magdum
India is a land mark for the traditional system of medicine from the past few centuries. Most of the traditional system of medicine is effective but only one major drawback is lack of standardization. So, there is a need to develop standardization technique to mingle this system of medicine in the main stream of health sciences. Centre council for research in Ayurveda and siddha has given the preliminary guideline for standardizing these conventional formulations. The present paper reports standardization of Amla churna an Ayurvedic formulation, from three different companies. Three marketed samples were subjected to organoleptic study, physical characterization and chromatographic study. It was observed that all the formulations are similar with their organoleptic properties and to some extend to their physical characters. This study ready reference for selection of an appropriate formulation in the clinical practice and hence effective rational therapy, the overall theme of health science. The physical data obtained from various samples shows different values as they are claimed to be of same plant material in same quantities. The qualitative estimation of volatile oil shows the presence in all the formulations.
Vandana R. Kolekar, Samruddhi D. Kore, Bharati R. Kokare, A. R. Dhole, C. S. Magdum
Standardization, Ayurvedic Formulation, Herbal Medicine,Quantitative Analysis
- Pharmacopeial Standardization of Mahasudarshan Churna: A Polyherbal Formulation Naresh Chamoli, Kshitij Agarwal* and Prem Saini Dev Bhoomi Institute of Pharmacy and Research, Dehradun, U.K, India-248001. International Journal of Innovative Pharmaceutical Research. 2013,4(1),281-283.
- Mukharjee Pulok K. Quality control of herbal drugs: an approach to evaluation of botanicals, 3rd Ed, Business Horizons Pharmaceutical Publishers, 2008;183-219.
- Ekka NR, Nmedo KP, Samal PK. Standardization strategies for herbal drugs. Research J.Pharm. and Tech. 2008;1:310-312. Indian Pharmacopeia Part-II Vol. II published by Indian Pharmacopeial Commission, Ghaziabad, 1996;A-50-52.
- Pharmacopeial Standardization of Mahasudarshan Churna: A Polyherbal Formulation. Shivani Chauhan*1, Vikrant Pundir2, Ashish Kr Sharma2 Journal of Medicinal Plants Studies Year: 2013, Volume: 1, Issue: 2.
- Review On Standardization of Herbal Churna: Nitin V. Kokare, Kiran A.Wadkar, Manish S.Khonawar.Int.J.Res.Ayurveda Pharma 5(3),May –June2014.
- Comparative Standardization Study of Two Marketed Ashwagandha Churna Formulation Pallab Dasgupta and Amartya De*International Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences Vol. 3 (2) Apr – Jun2012.
- A. Siddiqui, M. A. Hakim, Format for the pharmacopoeial analytical standards of compound formulation, wokshop on standardization of unani drugs Welfare, New Delhi, 1976. 8.
- L.Lachman,H.A.Liberman.J.L.Kanig The theory and practice of industrial Pharmacy 3rd edition vergheshe publishing house,Bombay-1987.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 3 | March-April 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-04-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 46-53
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162295
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Vandana R. Kolekar, Samruddhi D. Kore, Bharati R. Kokare, A. R. Dhole, C. S. Magdum, "Comparative Standardization Study of Three Marketed Amala Churna Formulations", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 3, pp.46-53, March-April-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162295