Home > Archives > IJSRST162310
Analysis of V-BLAST Techniques for MIMO Wireless Channels
Authors(3) :-A. B. Ghadge , S. S. Muttagi, A. A. Bhosale
Multiple Input Multiple Output (MIMO) systems have recently emerged as a key technology in wireless communication systems for increasing both data rates and system performance. There are many schemes that can be applied to MIMO systems such as space time block codes, space time trellis codes, and the Vertical Bell Labs Space-Time Architecture (VBLAST). This paper proposes a MIMO detectors to enhance the performance in MIMO channels. , we study the general MIMO system, the general V-BLAST architecture with Maximum Likelihood (ML), Zero-Forcing (ZF), Minimum Mean-Square Error (MMSE), and Ordered Successive Interference Cancellation (SIC ) detectors and simulate this structure in Rayleigh fading channel. Based on frame error rates and bit error rates, we compare the performance and the computational complexity of these schemes with other existence model. Simulations shown that VBLAST implements a detection technique, i.e. SIC receiver, based on ZF or MMSE combined with symbol cancellation and optimal ordering to improve the performance with lower complexity.
A. B. Ghadge , S. S. Muttagi, A. A. Bhosale
SISO,MIMO, V-BLAST, ZF, MMSE and SIC.
- Shreedhar. A. Joshi, Dr. Rukmini T S, Dr.Mahesh H M,“ Performance analysis of MIMO Technology using V-BLAST Technique for different linear Detectors in a slow fading channel”, IEEE International Conference on Computational conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Research, (ICCIC2010).978-1-4224-5966-7/10. p 453-456.
- Kyungchun Lee and Joohwan Chun,“Symbol Detection in VBLAST Architectures under Channel Estimation Errors”, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications,Vol. 6, No. 2, February 2007.
- G.J Foschini et al,“ Simplified Processing for High Spectral Efficiency Wireless Communication Employing Multielement Arrays”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications , v.17, N. 11, pp. 1841-1852, Nov. 1999.
- V-BLAST architecture from Bell Labs, wikipedia.
- P. W. Wolniansky, G. J. Foschini, G. D. Golden, R. A. Valenzuela. V-BLAST: An architecture for realizing very high data rates over the rich scattering. Bell Laboratories, Lucent Technologies, Holmdel, NJ 07733.
- G.J Foschini, ‘Layered space-time architecture for wireless communication in a fading environment when using multiple antennas’, Bell Lab. Tech. J., vol. 1, N. 2, pp. 41-59, 1996.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June 2016
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 65-68
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162310
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
A. B. Ghadge , S. S. Muttagi, A. A. Bhosale, "Analysis of V-BLAST Techniques for MIMO Wireless Channels", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.65-68, May-June-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162310