Home > Archives > IJSRST162324
The Effect of Corporate Social Responsibility on Customer Loyalty
A Study of Guaranty Trust Bank, Dala Community, Kano
Authors(3) :-Sule Sani Abdullahi, Sani Yahaya, Yusuf Haji-Othman
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) has become one of strategic method apply by business enterprises in developing nations like Nigeria. Such Corporate social responsibility (CSR) is being carried out to gain the loyalty of customers, investors, and other stakeholders in the business environment. This, with the growing recognition of the significant effect of corporate social responsibility CSR, the study looked in to the relationship between social responsibility and customer loyalty, taking Guaranty Trust Bank, Dala Community, Kano State, Nigeria as a case study. This study tries to examine an effect relationship between corporate social responsibility CSR and customers' loyalty, the study proposed a framework that would be useful in making a suggestion for banks on how to consider the practice of corporate social responsibility CSR in order to enhance consumer loyalty and retention.
Sule Sani Abdullahi, Sani Yahaya, Yusuf Haji-Othman
Customer, Loyalty, Corporate Social Responsibility, Retention
- Adeyanju, S. B. (2012). A corporate social responsibility model: Social Demand and corporate supply. Review of Economic Activities of Business Enterprises 15 (1), .
- Akinboboye, M. P. (2013). Attitude of Stakeholder and Social Activity of Corporate Bodies in the Fortune 500. Business Enterprises & Society, 23(1)
- Akpan, F. P. (2003). Fundamentals of Marketing. 5th Ed. Lagos: Stanlion Publicatons.
- Auger, D., Miller, Y., Andyson, F. B. & Whitefield, S. P. (2003). Balance of Internal and External Cost: Social Psychology Strategies. Ibadan: UI Press.
- Balabanis, G. H., Phillips, L. H. &Lyall, R. F. (1998). Effects of Corporate Social Responsibility on Economic performance: Nigerian Perspective: African Business Review, 98 (1), p. 25 – 44.
- Bayero, P. G. (2003) The New meaning of Corporate Social Responsibility. California Management Review, 40, 8 – 17.
- Belch, Y. & Belch, F. (1987) Managing Corporate Reputations by Social Responsibility, Published by Kogan Page, Vol 10, 4 – 5, US.
- Bloom, D., Hussein, P. & Szykman, N. (1997). The company and the product: Corporate associations and consumer product responses. Journal of Marketing, 61 (1), 68 – 84.
- Bloom, P. G., Palm, Z. H., Clement, M. N. & John, B. (1997). The benefits and Implications of Corporate Social Marketing Initiatives, Social Marketing: Theoretical and Practical perspectives, London: Lawrence Erlbaum Association.
- Brenkert, S. D. (1996) Private corporations and public welfare.In R.A. Larmer (Ed). Ethics in the workplace: Selected readings in business ethics. Minneapolis/ St. Paul, MN: West Publishing Company.
- Brown, L. J. and Dacin, S. F. (1997).Mantle of Service. 1st Ed., Mallen Publisher, UK.
- Caroll, F. H. (2001). Marketing Mix and Strategies in Nigeria, Lagos Perspectie. Journal of Marketing, 22 (1), 1 – 22.
- Carrott, K. P. (2004). Making Good Business Sense, 10th Ed. United State.
- Folorunsho, V. O. (2011). Marketing Planning and Control in Africa .1st Ed. Lagos: Sunlight Press.
- Godwin, G. H. (2007). Corporate Philanthropy and Corporate power. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- Godwin, G. H. (2009) Advertising and Business Expansion. International Journal of Advertising, 3, 186-190.
- Gustafson, C. (2006). Indexation of CSR.Korean Broadcasting Gazettes. 17(3), 274 – 303.
- Hirschhorn,N.(2004) Corporate Social Responsibility And The Tobacco Industry: Hope Or Hype; An International Peer Reviewed Journal For Health Professional And Other In Tobacco Control.
- Keller, H. &Aaker, F. (1995).Corporate and Individual Consumer Product Responses. Journal of Marketing,22 (3), 78 – 84.
- Kitchin, D. (2003). Private and Public Welfare: St. Paul’s Business Journal, MN: West Publishing Company.
- Lanbos, S. (2001). Corporate Performance and Social Cost. Academy of Management Review, 4, 497 – 505.
- Logsdom, G. and Wood, P. (2002).Challenges of Business Enterprises in Environmental and Corporate Social. US: Longman Press.
- Netemeyer, M. N., Roland, F. H., Holyland, G. H. & Paul, F. S. (2001). Stakeholders’ Attitudes and Corporate Social Responsibility. Business & Society, 33 (1), 58 – 81.
- Ogbelaja, A. (2002). Introduction to Business Manangement, Vol 1, Modem Business Press, Oyo.
- Ojigidi, F. (1999).A balanced concept of the firm and the measurement of its long term planning and performance. Journal of Business Ethics, 17, 1129 – 1144.
- Olayemi, D. (2009). Introduction to Business Management, Lagos:Wellsprings Publication.
- Onagoruwa, K. (2014). Profitability and Social Responsibility Correlation, Lagos, UNILAG Press
- Orlitsky, H., Dada, G., Kemmla, O., Remilekun, V. &Olayinka E. (2003). Internal and External Cost Implications on Company Profitability. Journal of African Economics Analysis.
- Orlitzky, H. & Benjamin, G. (2001). Corporate Social Responsibility in Central African Firms: Journal of African Marketing, 23(14) 4
- Solomon, P. O. & Hansen, M. L. (1985). Corporate Social Marketing Initiatives Social Marketing: Theoretical and Practical perspectives, London: Lawrence Erlbaum Association.
- Thomsen, F. H. (2006). Economic Performance and Corporate Social Responsibility: British companies: London Business Review, 8 (21), p. 31
- Thomson, F. H. (2013). Corporate Social Responsibility Model. Review of Business 15 (1), 7 – 10.
- Wansink, G. F. (1989). Managing reputations of Corporate Bodies through Social Responsibility, Published by Kogan Page, Vol 10, 4 – 5, US.
- World Bank Group, (2003). The New meaning of Corporate Social Responsibility. California Management Review, 40, 8 – 17.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June 2016
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 171-175
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162324
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Sule Sani Abdullahi, Sani Yahaya, Yusuf Haji-Othman, "The Effect of Corporate Social Responsibility on Customer Loyalty
A Study of Guaranty Trust Bank, Dala Community, Kano", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.171-175, May-June-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162324