Home > Archives > IJSRST162342
Expanding the Photoresponse Range of TiO2 nano by CdS/CdSe/ZnS Quantum Dots Co-Modification
Authors(2) :-T. T. Ha, N. T. Nguyen
In this work, the CdS and CdSe QDs modifcation expands the photoresponse range of TiO2 nanoparticles from ultraviolet region to visible range. It is demonstrated that sequentially assembled CdS and CdSe QDs signifcantly improved the light harvesting ability and photocurrent effciency, and a high incident photon to current conversion effciency of 1.52 % was obtained. Further coating the TiO2/CdS/CdSe electrodes with a barrier layer of ZnS QDs increases the efficiency to 264 %.
- Nozik, A, J (2005), Exciton Multiplication and Relaxation Dynamics in Quantum Dots: Applications to Ultrahigh-Efficiency Solar Photon Conversion. Inorg. Chem. 44, 6893-6899.
- Wu. Jiang, Wang. Zhiming M. (2014), Quantum Dot Solar Cells. Springer-Verlag New York, Volume 15.
- Guyot-Sionnest, P (2008), Colloidal Quantum Dots. C. R. Physique. 9, 77-787.
- Vogel R, Pohl K, Weller H. (1990), Sensitization of highly porous polycrystalline TiO2 electrodes by quantum sized CdS, Chem Phys Lett,174,241-6.
- Lee Y. L, Lo Y. S. (2009), Highly efﬁcient quantum-dot-sensitized solar cell based on co-sensitization of CdS/CdSe, Advanced Functional Materials, 19, 604–609.
- Zhang Q, Zhang Y, Huang S, Huang X, Luo Y, Meng Q, Li D. (2010), Application of carbon counterelectrode on CdS quantum dot-sensitized solar cells (QDSSCs), Electrochemistry Communications,12, 327–30.
- Chen J, Zhao DW, Song JL, Sun XW, Deng WQ, Liu XW, Lei W. (2009), Directly assembled CdSe quantum dots on TiO2 in aqueous solution by adjusting pH value for quantum dot sensitized solar cells, Electrochemistry Communications, 11, 2265–7.
- Yu X-Y, Lei B-X, Kuang D-B, Su C-Y. (2012), High performance and reduced charge recombination of CdSe/CdS quantum dot-sensitized solar cells, J Mater Chem, 22, 12058–63.F. Damerau, A technique for computer detection and correction of spelling errors. Communications of the ACM, 1964, Vol. 7, Issue 3, pp. 659-664.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June 2016
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 159-161
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162342
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
T. T. Ha, N. T. Nguyen, "Expanding the Photoresponse Range of TiO2
nano by CdS/CdSe/ZnS Quantum Dots Co-Modification", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.159-161, May-June-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162342