Home > Archives > IJSRST162345
Performance Optimization and Evaluation Algorithm
Authors(3) :-Manu Narsaria, Dr. Debika Bhattacharya, Himadri Nath Saha
Education sector in India has hardly seen changes in the way students are being taught. Few of the reasons for this are: Inefficient process of tracking students all round development and complex method to check the role of institutions in students all round development. Even today the progress of a student is measured in terms of their performance in academics, and no definite scale has been defined to evaluate the student performance with respect to their academics, and co-curricular performance combined. In the past, much of the data could not be stored due to space and cost limitations. However, rapid advancement of technologies encompassing analytical practices has opened up vast avenues of effective storage and analysis of student's performance. In this paper, an algorithm has been proposed to analyze the student"s performance as a combination of all the activities performed by him/her and to predict the future performance of a student based on their past performances. Also the algorithm will attempt to conclude this at an institutional level to provide efficient tracking mechanisms for all its students.
Manu Narsaria, Dr. Debika Bhattacharya, Himadri Nath Saha
Education, Student Performance, Objective Assessment, Objective Evaluation, Predictive Analytics, Student Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Indian Brand Equity Foundation ???Education & Training Report???, month of issue January 2016
- Felix Castro, Alfredo Vellido, Angela Nebot, and Francisco Mugica, ???Applying Data Mining Techniques to e-Learning Problems,??? Studies in Computational Intelligence, Volume 62, 2007, pp. 183-221.
- Louis Coden, Lawrence Manion and Keith Morrison ???Research Methods in Education???, Routledge Publication, Seventh Edition, 2011.
- Darrell M. West ???Big Data for Education: Data Mining, Data Analytics, and Web Dashboards???, Governance Studies at Brookings, September 2012
- R. Darrell Bock, ???Multilevel Analysis of Educational Data???, Academic Press, Inc.
- Brijesh Kumar Baradwaj, Saurabh Pal, " Mining Educational Data to Analyze Students??? Performance " International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications, (IJACSA) Vol. 02, No. 6, 2011
- Alison Hramiak. "A Method for the Analysis of Data from Online Educational Research." Journal of Interactive Online Learning Vol. 04, No. 2, Fall 2005, ISSN: 1541-4914
- U.S. Department of Education Office of Educational Technology, ???Enhancing Teaching and Learning Through Educational Data Mining and Learning Analytics,??? October 2012.??
- National Board of Accreditation, India ???General Manual of Accreditation???, doi January 04, 2013
- Institute of Engineering & Management, Kolkata ???National Board of Accreditation Evaluation Report ???, doi June 5, 2014.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June 2016
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 108-112
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162345
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Manu Narsaria, Dr. Debika Bhattacharya, Himadri Nath Saha, "Performance Optimization and Evaluation Algorithm", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.108-112, May-June-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162345