Home > Archives > IJSRST16235
Isolation of Pneumocandin Bo by Optimization of Downstream Process Parameters using Statistical Approach
Authors(4) :-Umesh Luthra, Yogesh Patel, Nishtha Singh, Dharmendra Singh
Pneumocandin Bo is a lipopeptide antifungal agent that inhibits the synthesis of 1,3-Î²-d-glucan, an essential cell wall homopolysaccharide found in many pathogenic fungi. It is an industrial product produced as a result of fermentation by fungal strain Zelerion arboricola. The primary objective in industrial fermentation processes is to recover the product efficiently, reproducibly and safely to its required specification, while achieving maximum product yield at minimum recovery cost.Isolation of product from the fermentation broth is a challenging task. In the current study statistical approach was employed to optimize various parameters for downstream processing of Pneumocandin B0. Filtration technique was optimized initially using one variable at a time method. Press filter technique was found most suitable filtration technique. Solvent selection for extraction procedure was carried out using one variable at a time (OVAT). Isobutanol showed maximum product recovery. Further variables: agitation time, solvent volume and solvent wash were studied using full factorial design. Experimental design showed that agitation time and solvent wash had maximum impact on Pneumocandin B0 extraction.
Umesh Luthra, Yogesh Patel, Nishtha Singh, Dharmendra Singh
Pneumocandin Bo, downstream processing, filtration technique, solvent extraction, full factorial design
- “Pneumocandin Bo” Pubmed Open Chemistry Database. Source Name: PubChem, URL: http://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov (2005).
- Source name: Représentation de Cram de la Pneumocandine Bo. URL:https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/52/Repr%C3%A9sentation_de_Cram_de_la_Pneumocandine_Bo.png
- Dubey KK, Goel N. “Evaluation and optimization of downstream process parameters for extraction of betulinic acid from the bark of Ziziphus jujuba L”, 2013, Scientific World Journal., 469674.
- R.L. Mason, R.F. Gunst and J.L. Hess, “Statistical design and analysis of experiments with applications to engineering and science” , 2003, J. Wiley: New York. p. xix, p. 728.
- Dirk WB “Experimental design for fermentation media development: statistical design or global random search”, 2000, J Biosci Bioeng 90: 473-483.
- Duta, F.P., F.P. de Franca and L.M.D.A. Lopes, “Optimization of culture conditions for exopolysaccharides production in Rhizobium sp. using the response surface method”, 2006, Electron. J. Biotechnol., Vol. 9, pp. 391-399.
- Umesh Luthra, Aditi Trivedi and Sneha Khadpekar, “Screening for significant medium components for Pneumoncandin B0 production at shake flask level through factorial design”, 2014, AIJCSR Volume 1 ISSUE 2: pp. 89-93.
- Schwartz R.E.; Giacobbe R.A.; Bland J.A.; Monaghan R.L., “A new antifungal agent”, 1989, I. Fermentation and isolation, J. Antibiot. 42, 163–167.
- Scholtes, P.R., The Team Handbook, pp. 2-25. Madison, WI: Joiner Associates, 1988.
- Anderson, M.J. and P.J. Whitcomb, DOE Simplified: Practical Tools for Effective Experimentation, 2nd Ed. Productivity Press, New York, ISBN-10: 1563273446, pp: 241, 2007.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June 2016
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 39-44
Manuscript Number : IJSRST16235
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Umesh Luthra, Yogesh Patel, Nishtha Singh, Dharmendra Singh, "Isolation of Pneumocandin Bo by Optimization of Downstream Process Parameters using Statistical Approach", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.39-44, May-June-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST16235