Home > Archives > IJSRST162361
Obstetrical Management of Fetal Malposture with Emphysema In A Crossbred Cow - A Case Report
Authors(3) :-A.Teja, S.Shanmukhi, K. MouliKrishna
A pluriparous crossbred cow was brought to college hospital with the history of dystocia. After stabilizing the animal with first aid treatment the thorough clinical examination under epidural analgesia revealed emphysematous fetus yielding fetid smell with lateral displacement of head and neck. Under liberal lubrication with 1% carboxy methyl cellulose gel (CMC) subcutaneous partial fetotomy was performed and through simple mutations and traction the emphysematosed fetus was removed.
A.Teja, S.Shanmukhi, K. MouliKrishna
Bovine, Dystocia, Foetal emphysema, Fetotomy
- Arthur, G.H., D.E. Noakes, T.J. Parkinson and G.C.W. England (2001). Veterinary Reproduction and Obstetrics, 8th ed. WB Saunders Company Ltd., London, England. 868p.
- Das, G.K., Ravi Dutt, Ravinder Kumar, S. Deori and Uma Shanker (2009). Dystocia due to fetal maldisposition in a buffalo. Buffalo Bull., 28 (2): 59-60.
- Noakes D.E., Parkinson T.J. and England G.C.W. (2009). Veterinary Reproduction and Obstetrics, 9th Ed. WB Saunders Company Ltd., London, England. 329p.
- Robert, S.J. (1971). Veterinary Obstetrics and Genital Diseases (Theriogenology), 2nd ed. C.B.S. Publishers and Distributors, New Delhi, India. 776p.
- Sane, C.R., B.R. Deshpande, A.S. Kaikini, D.P. Velhankar, S.B. Kodagali, S.N. Luktuke, V.B. Hukeri and V.L. Deopurkar (1994). Reproduction in Farm Animals, 2nd ed. Varghese Publishing House, Bombay, India, p. 97.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June 2016
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 222-223
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162361
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
A.Teja, S.Shanmukhi, K. MouliKrishna, "Obstetrical Management of Fetal Malposture with Emphysema In A Crossbred Cow - A Case Report ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.222-223, May-June-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162361