Home > Archives > IJSRST162370
Multiband Reconfigurable Microstrip Patch Antenna
Authors(2) :-Hemantkumar Mane, V. U. Deshmukh
Reconfigurable Antenna is an alternative to multi-band Antenna. Different techniques are used to achieve multi-band and wideband operation of antenna. Reconfigurable antenna has a potential to add some functionality to mobile communication. A reconfigurable antenna is another solution to achieve multiple bands by switching ON and OFF some part of the antenna. To allow the operating frequency and the bandwidth to be reconfigurable switching components are normally used. In this paper microstrip patch-slot antenna is capable of frequency switching at different frequency bands from Frequency range. RF p-i-n diode is used for the switching purposes. The main aim of this paper is to provide multiband functionality form a single band frequency just by optimizing the antenna structure.
Hemantkumar Mane, V. U. Deshmukh
Microstrip Patch, Reconfigurable antenna, optimization, PIN diode
- Dimitrios peroulis, Kamal Saraland and Linda P.B.K presents "Design of Reconfigurable Slot antennas," IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 53, N).2, FEBRUARY 2005.
- Abdelnasser Eldek, Abubaker Abdallah, Mahmoud Manzou, "Reconfigurable Microstrip Double-Dipole Antennas for Personal Wireless Communications," Wireless Engineering and Technology, 2011, 2, 60-69, April 2011.
- S. V. Shynu, G. Augustin, C. K. Aanandan, P.Mohanan, and K. Vasudevan, "Design of Compact reconfigurable dual frequency microstrip antenna using varactor diodes," Progress In Electromagnetics Research,PIER 60, 197–205, 2006.
- Huda A. Majid, Mohamad K. A. Rahim*,Mohamad R. Hamid, and Muhammad F. Ismail "Frequency Recongurable Microstrip Patch-Slot Antenna with Directional Radiation Pattern," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 144, 319-328, 2014.
- Sonia Sharma, Monish Gupta, C.C.Tripathi, "Reconfigurable Antennae: A Review," IJECT Vol.2, Issue 3, Sept. 2011.
- Constantine A. Balanis, "Fundamental Parameters of Antennas," in, antenna theory Analysis and design 3rd ed. A JOHN WILEY & SONS, INC., PUBLICATION USA: 2005.
- Christos G. Christodoulou, Fellow IEEE, Youssef Tawk, Steven A. Lane, and Scott R. Erwin ,R "econfigurable Antennas for Wireless and Space Applications," Proceedings of the IEEE Vol. 100, No. 7, July 2012.
- Mohamad R. Hamid, Mohamad K. A. Rahim, and Muhammad F. Ismail "Frequency Reconfigurable Microstrip Patch-Slot Antenna ," Progress In Electromagnetics Research, Vol. 144, 319-328, 2013.
- Pradeep Kumar Neha Thakur Aman Sanghi, "Micro strip Patch Antenna for 2.4 GHZ Wireless Applications," International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) – Volume 4 Issue 8- August 2013.
- Pei-Yuan Qin, Member, IEEE,Y.Jayguo, Senior Member, IEEE,And Canding, Student Member, IEEE" A Dual-Band Polarization Reconfigurable Antenna For WLAN Systems" IEEE Transactions On Antennas And Propagation, Vol. 61, No. 11, November 2013.
- Attan F. Abutarboush,Karim M. Nasr,Hamed Al-Raweshidy, "A Reconfigurable Wideband And Multiband Antenna Using Dual-Patch Elements For Compact Wireless Devices", IEEE Transactions On Antennas And Propagation, Vol. 60, No. 1, January 2012.
- Xue-Xia Yang,Atef Z. Elsherbeni,"A Polarization Reconfigurable Patch Antenna With Loop Slots On The Ground Plane", IEEE Antennas And Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 11, 2012.
- Jeen-Sheen Row And Jia-Fu Tsai,"Frequency-Reconfigurable Microstrip Patch Antennas With Circular Polarization", IEEE Antennas And Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 13, 2014.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June 2016
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 274-278
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162370
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Hemantkumar Mane, V. U. Deshmukh, "Multiband Reconfigurable Microstrip Patch Antenna", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.274-278, May-June-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162370