Home > Archives > IJSRST16238
Mitigation of Security Attack in Android Application Using Pin Tool
Authors(2) :-Sisara Lalji C., Prof. B. V. Buddhadev
The popularity and adoption of smartphones has greatly stimulated the spread of mobile malware, especially on the popular platforms such as Android. In light of their rapid growth, there is a pressing need to develop effective solutions. In the past few years, mobile devices (smartphones, PDAs) have seen both their computational power and their data connectivity rise to a level nearly equivalent to that available on small desktop computers, while becoming ubiquitous. On the downside, these mobile devices are now an extremely attractive target for large-scale security attacks. Mobile device middleware is thus experiencing an increased focus on attempts to mitigate potential security compromises. In particular, Android incorporates by design many well-known security features such as privilege separation. In this thesis the Android security model and some potential weaknesses of the model is described. Thesis provides taxonomy of attacks to the platform demonstrated by real attacks that in the end guarantee privileged access to the device and mitigation technique for the same attack would be proposed. The result analysis and testing would be done on mitigation technique.
Sisara Lalji C., Prof. B. V. Buddhadev
Dynamic Analysis, Runtime, Binary Instrumentation, Pin, Pin tool, Intel, Just-in-time compiler, security attack, android Attack.
- Chi-Keung Luk, Robert Cohn, Robert Muth, Harish Patil, Artur Klauser, Geoff Lowney , Steven Wallace, Vijay Janapa Reddi, Kim Hazelwood,"Pin: Building Customized Program Analysis Tools with Dynamic Instrumentation" PLDI '05 Proceedings of the 2005 ACM SIGPLAN conference on Programming language design and implementation Pages 190-200. and www.pintool.org
- Android Kernel Issues.http://www.kandroid.org.
- Intel. IA-32 Intel Architecture Software Developer’s Manual Vols 1-3, 2003.
- Just because it’s signed doesn’t mean it isn’t spying on you. http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/ archives/00001190.html, May 2007.
- J. Oberheide. Remote kill and install on google android. http://jon.oberheide.org/blog/2010/06/25/remote-kill-and-installon- google-android/
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 3 | May-June 2016
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 45-50
Manuscript Number : IJSRST16238
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Sisara Lalji C., Prof. B. V. Buddhadev, "Mitigation of Security Attack in Android Application Using Pin Tool", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 3, pp.45-50, May-June-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST16238