Home > Archives > IJSRST162385
Specific Activity and Production Yield of Neutron Induced Cross Section Reactions for Hafnium Isotopes at 14.5MeV
Authors(2) :-Iman Tarik AL-Alawy*, Firas Hashem Ahmed
Specific activity and total production yield at the end of irradiation (EOI) (i.e. Saturation) have been calculated. Projected production yields from irradiation of Hafnium target element induced (as a function of irradiation time) by 14.5MeV neutron at 1x109 neutron/cm2.s neutron flux. Different irradiation time have been selected for the periods (1, 60, 3600, 86400, 172800 s) showing the saturation state for each reaction. The analyzing of a complete energy range has been done starting from threshold energy for each reaction. The cross sections are reproduced in fine steps of incident neutron energy with 0.01MeV intervals with their corresponding errors. The recommended cross sections for available experimental data taken from EXFOR library have been calculated for all the considered neutron induced reactions for Hf (Z=72; A=176-180) isotopes. The calculated results are analyzed and compared with the experimental data.
Iman Tarik AL-Alawy*, Firas Hashem Ahmed
EXFOR, Incident Neutron, 14MeV, Recommended Cross Section, Specific Activity.
- Smith D.L., Meadows J.W., Greenwood L.R., and Ikeda Y., "A search for long-lived radionuclides produced by fast-neutron irradiations of copper, silver, europium, terbium, and hafnium", Historical Energy Database (United States), U.S. Department of Energy OSTI(1989).
- Van D. N., Duc K. P., Tien T. K., Truong S. L., Young S.L., Guinyun K., Youngdo O., Hee S. L., Moo H. C., In S. K., and Won N., "Measurement of thermal neutron cross-sections and resonance integrals for 179Hf(n,γ)180mHf and 180Hf (n,γ)181Hf reactions at the Pohang neutron facility", Journal Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Vol.266, PP.21-29 (2008).
- Noguere G., Blaise P., Litaize O., Bernard D., and Ruggieri J.M., "Group-average covariance matrices for the hafnium isotopes of interest for light water reactor applications", Journal Annals of Nuclear Energy, Vol. 36, PP.1059–1069 (2009).
- Junhua L., Fei T., and Xiangzhong K., "Cross-sections for formation of 178m2Hf and 179m2Hf through reactions on natural hafnium at neutron energy 14.8 ± 0.2 MeV", Journal Radioanal Nucl Chem, Vol.288, PP.143–148 (2011).
- Sukadev Sahoo and Sonali Sahoo, "Production and Application of Radioisotopes ", Physics Education, PP. 5-11 (2006).
- T.V. Varalakshmi, T.n. Suseela, T.G. Gnana Sundaram, T.S. Ezhilarasi and Indrani T.B., "Statistics", Tamilnadu Textbook Corporation, College Road, Chennai-600 006. (2005) 98-100.
- Abbasi I.A., "Nuclear Reaction Cross Section Measurement and Model Calculations for Some Medically Important Radioisotopes", Ph.D. thesis, Pakistan (2005).
- Qaim S.M., "Nuclear Data Relevant to the Production and Application of Diagnostic Radionuclides", Radiochim. Acta 89, PP. 223-232 (2001).
- Packer L.W. and Sublet J-Ch.," The European Activation File: EAF-2010 decay data library", European Activation system Documentation Series CCFE-R (10) 02, EURATOM/CCFE Fusion Association, Culham Science Centre, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 3DB, UK(2010).
- Engelbrecht C.A. and Fiedeldey H., "Nonlocal potential and the energy dependence of the optical model for neutrons", Annals of Physics, Vol.2, Issue 2, PP.262-295 (1967).
- LuHanlin, ZhaoWenrong, YuWeixiang, HanXiaogang, HuangXiaolong, and HanYinlu, "The cross sections of 176-Hf(n,2n)175-Hf and 185-Re(n,2n)184-Re-m,g reactions", Atomic Energy Science and Technology, Vol.33, Issue.5, P.410(1999).
- Kiraly B., Csikai J., and Doczi R., "Validation of neutron data libraries by differential and integral cross sections",JAERI Conference proceedings, Vol.006, No.2001, P.283(2001).
- ZhuChuan-Xin, ZhengPu, GuoHai-Ping, MouYun-Feng, HeTie, and YangJian, "Measurement of 176Hf(n,2n)175Hf cross section", Atomic Energy Science and Technology, Vol.44, Issue.s, P.7(2010).
- Serris M., Diakaki M., Galanopoulos S., Kokkoris M., Lamprou M., Papadopoulos C.T., Vlastou R., Demetriou P., Kalfas C.A., and Lagoyannis A., "Experimental and theoretical study of the (n,2n) reaction on 174,176Hf isotopes", Physical Review, Part C, Nuclear Physics, Vol.86, P.034602(2012).
- Konno C., Ikeda Y., and Nakamura T., "Activation Cross Section Measurements at Neutron Energy from 13.3MeV to 15.0MeV for 84-Sr, 113-In, 115-In, 178-HF, 179-HF and 180-HF", Japanese report to NEANDC No.155, P.15(1990).
- Konno C., Ikeda Y., Oishi K., Kawade K., Yamamoto H., and Maekawa H., "Activation Cross section measurements at neutron energy from 13.3 to 14.9 MeV", JAERI Reports No.1329(1993).
- Murahira S., Satoh Y., Honda N., Takahashi A., Iida T., Shibata M., Yamamoto H., and Kawade K., "Measurement of Formation Cross Sections Producing Short-Lived Nuclei by 14 MeV Neutrons - Pr, Ba, Ce, Sm, W, Sn, Hf", Japanese report to the I.N.D.C. No.175/U, p.171(1995).
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-08-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 43-48
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162385
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Iman Tarik AL-Alawy*, Firas Hashem Ahmed, "Specific Activity and Production Yield of Neutron Induced Cross Section Reactions for Hafnium Isotopes at 14.5MeV", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.43-48, July-August-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162385