Home > Archives > IJSRST162413
Lane Detection for Departure using Hough Transform for Driving System
Authors(2) :-Ankaram S. N., Prof. Rahane S. B.
The Hough transform is technique of feature extraction used for analysis of images, computer vision, and digital image processing. The purpose of the technique is to find imperfect instances of objects within a certain class of shapes by a voting procedure. This voting procedure is carried out in a parameter space, from which object candidates are obtained as local maxima in a so-called accumulator space that is explicitly constructed by the algorithm for computing the Hough transform.
A Hough Transform Based Lane Detection for Driving System has been developed to aid a driver in the lane departure decision-making, to reduce a loss of concentration and to prevent an accident while driving. In this paper, we propose a method for detecting the lanes by using a webcam camera to record the road as a video file (.avi) and using Hough Transform method to detect the lanes in an image. The results show the lane detection in various line road conditions. According to the results, the drivers can use this information to increase their safety of driving, especially when making the decision of lane changing.
Ankaram S. N., Prof. Rahane S. B.
Computer Vision, Voting Procedure, Hough Transform, Driver Assistance Systems, Standard Hough Transform
- K. Gabor, B. József, P. László, G. László, S. Ákos and S. Péter, "Lane-Departure Detection and Control System for Commercial Vehicles,"IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Vehicles, pp. 46-50, 1998.
- P. Thitapa and K. Mahasak, "A Lane Detection for the Driving System Based on the Histogram Shapes,"International Conference on Systems and Electronic Engineering (ICSEE’2012), Phuket, vol. , pp.43-47, December 18-19, 2012.
- C. Tang-Hsien, L. Chun-hung, H. Chih-sheng and W. Yao-jan, "A Vision-Based Vehicle Behavior Monitoring and Warning System", IEEE, pp. 443-448, 2003.
- W. Bing-Fei, C. Chao-Jung, H. Yi-Pin and C. Ming-Wei, "A DSP-Based Lane Departure Warning System,"Proc. of the 8th WSEAS Int. Conf. on Mathematical Methods and Computational Techniques in Electrical Engineering, Bucharest, October 16-17, pp. 240-245, 2006.
- Z. Yong, X. Rong, Xiao-Feng Hu, and Qing-Tai Ye, "A Lane Departure Warning System Based on Virtual Lane Boundary,", Journal of Information Science and Engineering vol. 24, pp. 293-305, 2008.
- Information on http://www.mathworks.com
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-08-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 37-42
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162413
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Ankaram S. N., Prof. Rahane S. B., "Lane Detection for Departure using Hough Transform for Driving System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.37-42, July-August-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162413