Home > Archives > IJSRST162447
Bio-activity of Cabbage (Brassica Oleracea Var Capitata) Plant Product as Insecticides to Control Mustard Aphid, Lipaphis Erysimi Kaltenbach (Aphididae : Homoptera)
Authors(3) :-Monica Singh Chauhan, J.P.Shukla, Ashish Pandey
Three botanical pesticides, Azadirachta indica leaves extract, Acacia catechu leaf and bark extract, Carica papaya seed extract and three chemical pesticides Indocarb 15 SC, 0.006%, @30 a.i./ha, 200 ml / g / ha, Fipronil 5EC 0.005%, 25-50 g ai / ha, 500 ml / g / ha and Endosulfan 35 EC, 0.05-0.07 %, 250-500 a.i. / ha 700-1004 ml / g / h were tested against 2nd and 4th instar larvae of the L. erysimi on field cabbage under both laboratory and field conditions. In square dip experiment a highly significant difference was recorded amongst the different treatments for mean mortality of L. erysimi. The maximum mean mortality was obtained at NLE2.5% >NLE5%> NSE 10% >AcLE 2.5%> AcSE 2.5%. The order was found to be descending. Repellency test through square dip experiments showed that the significant difference was recorded amongst the different treatments for mean mortality of larvae. During larval immersion method NLE2.5% was proved to be most significant followed by NLE 5%> AcLE 2.5% > ASE (2.5-5%) > Fipronil 0.0005%. However, NLE was found superior than botanicals in both square dip and larval immersion methods. The field spray schedule showed the significant results with the spray of NSE (10%) > ALE (10%) >ASE10% CpLE5% > CpLE-10% while, the second spray was significantly effective against CpLE 10% > Endosulfan 35EC@0.05-0.07% > NLE5% while the spray by CpLE10%and Endosulfan 35EC@0.05-0.07 were found significant and most promising.
Monica Singh Chauhan, J.P.Shukla, Ashish Pandey
Lipaphis erysimi, Carica seed, Carica leaf, Neem leaf, Acacia bark, Acacia leaf, Extract, Repellent.
- Ali Arshad, Rizvi Parvez, Khan Farmanur (2010). Bio-Efficacy Of Some Plant Leaf Extracts Against Mustard Aphid, Lipaphis erysimi On Indian Mustard, Brassica juncea. Journal of Plant Protection Research. Volume 50, Issue 2, Pages 130–132
- Armes NJ, Jadhav DR, Bond GS, King ABS. (1992). Insecticide resistance in Helicoverpa armigera in South I – Pestic. Sci. 34: 355-364.
- Bhathal SS, Singh D, Dhillon RS, Nayyer K(1993). Effect of AZT-VRK and some commercial Neem products on development, reproduction and mortality of mustard aphid, Lipaphis erysimi. In: World Neem Conference held at 24-28 Feb., 1993, Bangalore, 48 p.
- Biswas GC (2013). Comparative Effectiveness of Neem Extracts and Synthetic Organic Insecticide against Mustard Aphid Bangladesh J. Agril. Res. 38(2): 181-187
- Bonnemaison L (1965). Insect pests of crucifers and their control. A. Rev. Ent. 10: 233-256.
- Casida J, Ouistad B (1998). Golden age of insecticide research: Past, present, or Future. Annu. Rev. Entomol. 43: 1–16.
- Gianissi L (2005). Benefits of Fungicides, Crop Life Foundation, Washington, USA.
- Guan ZH, Wang S (1980). The influence of the aphids (Lipaphis erysimi and Myzus persicae) salvia on the infestation of TPMV (turnip mosaic virus) on Chinese cabbage. Acta Chem Sinica : 83-85
- Kabir KH, Mia MD (1987). Effectiveness of some indigenous pesticides as repellent against mustard aphid (Lipaphis erysimi). Bangladesh J. Zool., 15 (1) : 87-88
- King EG, Powell JE, Smith JW (1982). Prospects for utilization of parasites and predators for management of Heliothis spp. – In: Proceedings of the International Workshop in Heliothis Management,15-20 November, 1981. Eds. REED, W.& KUMBLE, V. Pattencheru, India: ICRISAT: 103-122.
- Knight SC, Anthony VM, Brady AM, Greenland AJ, Heaney SP, Murray DC, Powell KA, Schulz MA, Spinks CA, Worthington PA, Youle D (1997). Rationale and perspectives on the development of fungicides. Annu. Rev. Phytopathol, 35:349–72.
- Lal OP (1996). Bio-efficacy of some Neem formulations against mustard aphid, Lipaphis erysimi on cabbage plants, In: National symposium Towards Green and Sustainable Pesticides held on 4-6, December 1996 at IARI, New Delhi, pp 20-21
- Mohan NJ, Krishnaiah K, Kumar NKK (1981). Chemical control of mustard aphid, Lipaphis erysimi Kalt and leaf webber, Crocidolomia binotalis Zell. on cabbage. Pesticides, 15 (2): 29-32.
- Murthy KSR, Lakshminarayana K, Rao BHK (1982). Dissipation of certain commonly used insecticides from cauliflower. Pestology, 6: 21-26.
- Nagarkatti S (1982): The utilization of biological control in Heliothis management in India. – In: Proceedings of the International Workshop in Heliothis Management, 15-20 November, 1981. Eds. REED, W. & KUMBLE, V. Pattencheru, India: ICRISAT: 159-167.
- Nagarkatti S, Prakash A (1974). Rearing of Heliothis armigera (Hub.) on the artificial diet. Tech. Bull. Commonwealth Inst. Of Biol. Control, Banglore, India. 17: 169-173.
- Pandey ND; Singh L, Singh VP, Tripathi RA (1987). Effect of certain plant extract against, Lipaphis erysimi Kalt; under laboratory conditions. Indian J. Ent., 49 (2) : 238-242
- Patel et al (1996). Assessment of yield losses in mustard (Brassica juncea) due to mustard aphid (Lipaphis erysimi kalt.) under different thermal environments in eastern central India. In Applied ecology and environmental research 2(1): 1–15.
- Patel H, Tscheka C, Edwards K, Karlsson G, Heerklotz H (2011). All-or-none membrane permeabilization by fengycin-type lipopeptides from Bacillus subtilis QST 713. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1808(8):2000–8.
- Prasad SK, Phadke KG (1988). Population dynamics of Lipaphis erysimi Kalt on Different varieties of Brassica species. Indian J. Entomol. 42:54-63.
- Reiter S (2011). A bumper year for biopestides, Chemistry & Industry, Issue 3
- Singh AK, Lal MN (2012). Bio-efficacy of some plant leaf extracts against mustard aphid, Lipaphis erysimi on Brassica campertris. Journal
- Asian Journal of Bio Science 2012 7 No. 2 pp. 159-162
- Smil V (2004). Enriching the Earth: Fritz Haber, Carl Bosch, and the Transformation of World Food Production. Cambridge, MIT Press.
- Sontakke BK, Dash AN (1996). Studies on the effects of insecticides and neem formulation against major pests of mustard and their safety to honey bees. Indian Journal of Environment and Toxicology, 6: 87-88
- Thind TS (2011). Fungicide Resistance in Crop Protection: Risk and Management. Thind, T.S. ed. Cambridge, CABI press.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-08-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 193-202
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162447
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Monica Singh Chauhan, J.P.Shukla, Ashish Pandey, "Bio-activity of Cabbage (Brassica Oleracea Var Capitata) Plant Product as Insecticides to Control Mustard Aphid, Lipaphis Erysimi Kaltenbach
(Aphididae : Homoptera)", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.193-202, July-August-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162447