Home > Archives > IJSRST162454
Forest Fires Model and SIR Model Used in Spread of Ebola Virus in Prediction and Prevention
Authors(2) :-Ning ZHANG, Jing TANG
Ebola has been repeatedly ravaged Earth. Since the end of 2013, Ebola swept West Africa, has caused tens of thousands of people infected or death. Based on this, it is an effective way to establish an effective, workable, practical significance of the mathematical model for health care workers and researchers to help in the fight against the Ebola epidemic. We base on assumptions of population stability in West Africa, the epidemic is no longer continue to expand, the drug can effectively reaches the hands of the patient once it put in; By SIR model, the most classic model in infectious disease, and published data, we realize the epidemic prediction. And base on them, by using forest fires model of cellular automata and two-compartment model of pharmacokinetic, we analyze and forecast three aspects for Vaccine/drug Efficacy, Epidemic Area, Vaccine/drug Production and R&D Speed. We propose drug distribution points in West Africa should be in accordance with changes by the strength of the Epidemic area, and drug development should begin at the growth of the epidemic stage 1/3, and 1/2 of the growth of the epidemic stage clinical trials in order to achieve the best results. Although limited ability, we analyze factors with a single control and then propose solution. But we built the best model out.
Ebola Virus Disease, Eradicating Ebola Epidemic, SIR Model, Forest-Fire Model, Two-Compartment Model, Epidemic Prevention
- World Health Organization. World health statistics 2014[J]. 2014.
- Jiang QY, Xie JX, Ye J. The Mathematical Model [M]. 4th Edition. Beijing: Higher Education Press, 2011.
- Ebola data and statistics[G/OL]. [2015-2-7]. http://apps.who.int/gho/
- Zhou HP, Cai SH. A spreading model of the SIRS virus based on a two-dimensional regular lattice [J]. Journal of Shandong University (Natural Science),2007,11:94-97+100.
- Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa[G/OL]. [2015-2-7]. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_epidemic_in_West_Africa.
- Forest-fire model[G/OL]. [2015-2-7]. http://en.wikipedia.org/
- Pharmacokinetics[G/OL]. [2015-2-7]. http://en.wikipedia.org/
- Basler C F. New Hope in the Search for Ebola Virus Treatments[J]. Immunity, 2014, 41(4): 515-517.
- Geisbert T W, Young H A, Jahrling P B, et al. Pathogenesis of Ebola hemorrhagic fever in primate models: evidence that hemorrhage is not a direct effect of virus-induced cytolysis of endothelial cells[J]. The American journal of pathology, 2003, 163(6): 2371-2382.
- Tosh P K, Sampathkumar P. What clinicians should know about the 2014 Ebola outbreak[C]//Mayo Clinic Proceedings. Elsevier, 2014, 89(12): 1710-1717.
- Tseng C P, Chan Y J. Overview of Ebola virus disease in 2014[J]. Journal of the Chinese Medical Association, 2015, 78(1): 51-55.
- Borchert M, Mutyaba I, Van Kerkhove M D, et al. Ebola haemorrhagic fever outbreak in Masindi District, Uganda: outbreak description and lessons learned[J]. BMC infectious diseases, 2011, 11(1): 357.
- Kinsman J. A time of fear”: local, national, and international responses to a large Ebola outbreak in Uganda[J]. Global Health, 2012, 8: 15.
- Rebaudet S, Moore S, Piarroux R. Ebola virus disease in West Africa--the first 9 months[J]. The New England journal of medicine, 2015, 372(2): 188-188.
- Sayburn A. WHO gives go ahead for experimental treatments to be used in Ebola outbreak[J]. BMJ, 2014, 349: g5161.
- Qiu X, Wong G, Audet J, et al. Reversion of advanced Ebola virus disease in nonhuman primates with ZMapp[J]. Nature, 2014.
- Martin-Moreno J M, Llinás G, Hernández J M. Is respiratory protection appropriate in the Ebola response?[J]. The Lancet, 2014, 384(9946): 856.
- McCarthy M. US signs contract with ZMapp maker to accelerate development of the Ebola drug[J]. BMJ, 2014, 349: g5488.
- Okware S I. Three ebola outbreaks in Uganda 2000-2011[J]. 2015.
- Yu YL. Ebola virus/Ebola virus disease out broke in 2014 [J]. Prog in Microbiol lmmunol,2014,06:1-7.
- Li C, Yang M, Mu D, Sui HT, Zhao J, Meng YJ, Tu WX. Epidemiology of Ebola virus disease outbreak in West Africa, 2013-2014 [J].DISEASE SURVEILLANCE,2014,11:925-928.
- Deng HP. Preliminary Analysis of the Relationship between Physical Geography Factors and Diseases [J]. Journal of Capital Normal University (Natural Science Edition),1995,03:88-92.
- Meng XM, Dong P, Lu HZ. Progress in the treatment of and new drug research on Ebola virus disease [J]. Shanghai Pharmaceutical,2014,21:1-5.
- Drossel B, Schwabl F. Self-organized critical forest-fire model[J]. Physical review letters, 1992, 69(11): 1629.
- Bak P, Chen K, Tang C. A forest-fire model and some thoughts on turbulence[J]. Physics letters A, 1990, 147(5): 297-300.
- Chen K, Bak P, Jensen M H. A deterministic critical forest fire model[J]. Physics Letters A, 1990, 149(4): 207-210.
- Ritschel W A. Handbook of basic pharmacokinetics[J]. 1976.
- China National Knowledge Infrastructure. CNKI[G/OL]. [2015-2-7]. http://www.cnki.net/.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 4 | July-August 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-08-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 222-231
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162454
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Ning ZHANG, Jing TANG, "Forest Fires Model and SIR Model Used in Spread of Ebola Virus in Prediction and Prevention", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 4, pp.222-231, July-August-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162454