Home > Archives > IJSRST1625120
Analytical Application of 2-Hydroxy-4-Isobutoxy Acetophenone Oxime for the Determination of Cobalt
Authors(1) :-Dr. J. R. Shukla
2-Hydroxy-4-isobutoxy acetophenone oxime(HIBAO) has been used for the spectrophotometric determination for Co(II) at pH range 6 to 10 in chloroform medium. Jobâ€™s method for continuous variation, Yoe and Jonesâ€™ mole ratio method, the slope ratio method show metal ligand ratio in complex to be 1:2. The stability constant of the complex is found to be 5.73 X109. The brown coloured complex obeys Beerâ€™s law in the concentration range 5.89 ïg/ml to 47.14 ïg/ml for Co(II) ion, while the optimum concentration range from Ringbom plot is found to be 11.79 to 41.25 ppm. The photometric sensitivity and molar absorptivity at the 600nm are found to be 0.055 Âµg/cm2 and 1074 mol-1cm-1 respectively. The standard free energy of formation of complex is -13.52 kcal/mole at 30oC. The complex is stable for 48 hrs. The reagent has also been found to give quite satisfactory results for Co(II) present in alloy like brass, bronze and synthetic mixtures. The antimicrobial Activity of HIBAO and Co-HIBAO complex have also been checked.
HIBAO, pH, Cobalt, Acetophenone Oxime, 2-Hydroxy-4-Isobutoxy
- T Talati, J.D and K.S.Parikh, "Anarta", J. North Gujarat Uni., 3, 93, (1992).
- Talati, J.D and K.S.Parikh, J. Inst. Chemists (INDIA), 65, 84, (1993).
- Talati, J.D and K.S.Parikh, Asin J. Chem., 6, (1994).
- J.A.dave and S.S.Shah,Asian J. Chem., 20, 4141,( 2008).
- Suketu I. Desai, Vikas A. Desai and H.B.Niak, Asian J. Chem.,20,4919,(2008).
- A.I.Vogel, "A Text Book of Quantitative Inorganic Analysis", 4th Ed., (Longaman, London), 1978, p.379.
- Brewster, C.M. and J.C.Harris, J.Amer Chem Soc., 52, 4866 (1930).
- A.I.Vogel, "A Text Book of Practical Organic Chemistry, 3rd Ed., (Longaman, London), p. 341 (1966).
- W.C.Vosburgh and G.R.Cooper, J.Amer.Chem.Soc.,? 63, 473 (1941).
- J.H.Yoe and A.L.Jones, Ind.Eng.Chem., Anal. Ed., 16, 111 (1944).
- Harvey, A.E. and D.L.Manning, J.Amer.Chem.Soc., 72, 4488 (1950).
- P.Job, Ann. Chem., 9, 113 (1928).
- Ringbom, Anal. Chem., 115, 332 (1938).
- E.B.Sandell, "Colorimetric determination of traces of metals", 3rd Ed., (inderscience, New York), pp.83, (1959).
Published in : Volume 1 | Issue 5 | November-December 2015
Date of Publication : 2015-12-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 350-354
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1625120
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. J. R. Shukla, "Analytical Application of 2-Hydroxy-4-Isobutoxy Acetophenone Oxime for the Determination of Cobalt", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 1, Issue 5, pp.350-354, November-December-2015.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1625120