Home > Archives > IJSRST162527
Reduction of CO2 Emission at Toll Plaza with the Help of ITS (Intelligent Transportation System)
Authors(3) :-Harshavardhan U. Bhosale, Sanket D. Awasare, M. S. Salunkhe
ITS is an integrated system that implements a broad range of communication, control, vehicle sensing and electronics technologies to help in monitoring and managing traffic flow, reducing congestion, providing optimum routes to travelers, enhancing productivity of the system, and saving lives, time and money. ITS relies on wide range of technologies and functions such as Communications (Microwave, internet, Bluetooth), Geographical Locations, System, Data acquisition and exchange, Camera system and Artificial vision, Detection and classification, In-vehicle systems and Digital Mapping. Thinking of the Japanese and European thought leaders about- how ITS can contribute toward meeting environment goals - is very helpful to improve the environmental performance of ITS. Indian traffic can benefit from several possible ITS applications. One set of applications is for traffic management at toll plaza. ITS is not only helpful at toll plaza but also helpful at traffic signals, emergency management system in India. At toll plaza, deciding factor is the how much time a vehicle is going to be in the line of toll. More the time, more will be fuel consumption and waste of fuel. Knowing what kind of vehicles, and in what proportions, play main role in application of ITS at toll. ITS helps to reduce this Time factor. Also ITS clears the traffic at toll in less time. Long term data helps ITS to reduce traffic congestion at toll and reduce waste of fuel at toll efficiently.
Harshavardhan U. Bhosale, Sanket D. Awasare, M. S. Salunkhe
ITS, Microwave, Internet, Geographical Locations, Toll Plaza
- Singh, A. Gupta (2015), “Recent trends in intelligent transportation systems: a review”, Journal of Transport Literature, 9 (2), 30-34.
- Rao, M. Parida and S. S. Jain (2011), “Performance Evaluation of the Intelligent Transport System in Delhi”, Institute of Town Planners, India Journal 8 - 3, 1 – 14.
- P. Kumar, D. Reddy and V. Singh (2003) “Intelligent transport system using GIS”, Map India Conference 2003.
- Chakroborty (2011), “Sustainable transportation for Indian cities: role of intelligent transportation systems”, Current Science, 100 (9).
- Sen and B. Raman, “Intelligent Transport Systems for Indian Cities”.
- Sathya V. and Abdul S. J. (2013), “Survey on Vehicle and Toll Plaza For National Highways In India”, International Journal Of Engineering And Computer Science, 2 (9): 2823-2837.
- Malik (2014), “Intelligent Transportation System”, International Journal of Civil Engineering Research 5 (4): 367-372.
- S Mulay, C Dhekane, R Bapat, T Budukh and S Gadgil, “Intelligent City Traffic Management and Public Transportation System”.
- V E Nethaji Mariappan, S Partiban and G Suresh (2013), “A GIS Enabled Traffic Assessment for Social Service Planning For Porur Municipality”, International Journal of Remote Sensing & Geoscience, 2 (3): 86-91.
- V Kumar, N Rastogi and S Malhotra, “Challenges and Issues in Wireless Sensor Networks Based Intelligent Transportation System”, International Journal of Computer Science & Communication Networks, 5 (1): 39-44.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 120-135
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162527
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Harshavardhan U. Bhosale, Sanket D. Awasare, M. S. Salunkhe, "Reduction of CO2
Emission at Toll Plaza with the Help of ITS (Intelligent Transportation System)", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.120-135, September-October-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162527