Home > Archives > IJSRST162530
Study on Dynamic Analysis of Steel Structure with Different Types of Bracings
Authors(3) :-Karthik, Sridhar R, Kiran Kumar K L
The structure in high seismic areas may be susceptible to the severe damage. Now a days steel bracings in steel structure are most popular system to resist lateral load due to earthquake. Braced frame resist seismic excitation with comparatively less deformations than gravity load resisting system as they form a stiff system. Steel bracing is economical, easy to erect, occupies less space and has flexibility for meeting the required strength and stiffness. In the present work it is exposed, effect of seismic loading in 15 storey regular bare building using ETABS software. This buildings adapted different types of bracings such as diagonal, braced diagonal, X, K, K with bracing, chevron, braced chevron, V, eccentric diagonal and Knee bracings. The seismic response are evaluated by using equivalent static analysis, response spectrum analysis and linear time history analysis for bhuj earthquake data on Zone- V. Finally analysis results are carried out such as maximum storey displacement, inter storey drift, storey shear and natural time period. Based on the results regular braced buildings are compared and studied best braced structure to resist lateral loads. In three methods of analysis results in regular braced models, X bracings and chevron bracings system showed better resistance to seismic forces than the other specified bracing systems. The bracings provide adequate stiffness and continuous load path.
Karthik, Sridhar R, Kiran Kumar K L
Regular Building, Different Types Of Bracings, Displacements, Inter Storey Drift, Storey Shear and Natural Time Period
- Damerau, A technique for computer detection and correction of spelling errors. Communications of the ACM, 1964, Vol. 7, Issue 3, pp. 659-664. K.K.Sangle, K M Bajoria and V. Mhalungkar “Seismic analysis of high rise steel frame Building with and without bracings”, 15 WCEE VISBO 2012.
- Ishwaryalakshmi V and G. Augustine Maniraj Pandian “Study of behaviour of irregular framed steel structural system using pushover analysis”, International Conference on Engineering Trends and Science & Humanities (ICETSH-2015).
- Kalugotla Naga Bhushanam and H. Sudarsana Rao “Optimized modeling and design of steel frames in different Seismic zones using ETABS software”, IJESRT Kalugotla, (12), December 2015.
- Shashank Kotabagi1, K. Manjunatha, Halasiddanagowda Patil and Sachin P Dyavappanavar “A Comparative Study On Moment Resisting Steel Frames With & Without Bracings Subjected To Dynamic Loads For High Rise Buildings”, (IRJET) e-ISSN: 2395 -0056 Volume: 02 Issue: 07 Oct-2015.
- Jagadish J. S and Tejas D. Doshi “A Study on Bracing Systems on High Rise Steel Structures”. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Volume. 2 Issue 7, July – 2013.
- Kiran Kamath1, Shruthi2, Shashikumar Rao “Comparative Study on Concentric Steel Braced Frame Structure due to Effect of Aspect Ratio using Pushover Analysis”. International Journal of Scientific Research Engineering & Technology, Volume 4, Issue 3, March 2015.
- Choudhari V.A and T. K. Nagaraj “Analysis of moment resisting frame by knee bracing”. International journal of innovations in engineering research and technology volume 2, issue 6, June-2015.
- Jagadeesh B N, Mahesh Kumar C L, Dr. Prakash M R, Venkatasubbaiah “Seismic response of steel structure with concentric bracing system”. Indian technological research organization volume-1, issue-2, 2015
- Adithya M, Swathe rani K S, Truth H K and Ramesh B R “Study On Effective Bracing Systems for High Rise Steel Structures”. SSRG International Journal of Civil Engineering, volume 2, Issue 2, February 2015.
- Husain Imran K.M and Sowjanya G.V “Stability Analysis of Rigid Steel Frames With and Without Bracing Systems under the Effect of Seismic and Wind Loads”, International Journal of Civil and Structural Engineering Research Volume 2, Issue 1 (137-142), Month: April 2014 - September 2014.
- IS 800:2007, “General construction in steel - code of practice”, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- “Steel Tables”, R. Agor, Birla publications Pvt. Ltd.
- IS 1893 (Part 1): 2002, “Criteria for earthquake resistant Design of structures”, General provisions and buildings, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- IS : 875 (Part I) – 1987, “Code of practice for Design loads (other than earthquake) For buildings and structures, dead loads - unit weights of building materials and stored materials”, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- IS: 875 (Part 2) 1987, “Code of practice for Design loads (other than earthquake) for buildings and structures, Imposed loads”, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
- The state of codes on structural engineering in India, volume 44, number 1, march
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 141-146
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162530
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Karthik, Sridhar R, Kiran Kumar K L, "Study on Dynamic Analysis of Steel Structure with Different Types of Bracings ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.141-146, September-October-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162530