Home > Archives > IJSRST162534
A Bulk Queuing model of Optional Second Phase Service with Short and Long vacations
Authors(2) :-Dr. S. Maragathasundari, K. Karthikeyan
We study a single server queue, two phases of services with optional second phase service following a general service time distribution. Customers arrive in Batches of variable size. Arrival follows a Poisson distribution. The first phase service is essential. Other phase is optional. After service completion, the server has the option to take long or short vacations with probability m1 and m2 respectively. The system subject to breakdown at random. Repair time follows exponential distribution. We derive the system size distribution and other performance indices such as average number of customers and the average waiting time in the queue and the system by employing generating function and supplementary variable techniques.
Dr. S. Maragathasundari, K. Karthikeyan
Bulk Arrival, Optional Services, Short Vacations, Long Vacations
- B. T(1986),“Queueing systems with Vacation a Survey”, Queueing Systems, Vol.1, pp.29-66.
- H(1991), “Queueing Analysis: A Foundation of Performance Evaluation and Priority systems”, Vol.1, Elsevier Science, New York.
- G (2006),“An M/G/1 queue with second optional vacation”, Information and Management Sciences, Vol. 17, No.3, pp.19–30.
- Igaki, Exponential two server queue with N- policy and general vacation, Queueing Systems, 10 (1992), 279-294.
- Levi and U. Yechilai, An M/M/s queue with server vacations, Infor., Vol.14 (1976), pp.153-163.
- C. Madan, F.A. Maraghi and K.D. Dowman, Batch arrival queueing system with random breakdowns and Bernoulli schedule server vacations having general vacation time distribution, Information and Management Sciences Vol.20 (2009), pp. 55-70.
- C Madan, An M/G/1 queue with second optional service, Queueing Systems, Vol.34, (2000), pp.37-46.
- Chodhury, An M[x]/G/1 queueing system with a set up period and a vacation period, Questa, Vol.36 ,(2000), pp.23-28.
- Maragathasundari and S. Srinivasan, Three phase M/G/1 queue with Bernoulli Feedback and multiple server vacation and service interruptions, International Journal of Applied mathematics and Statistics,Vol.33, (2013),Issue no.3.
- C.Madan and R.F. Anabosi, A single server queue with tw types of service, Bernoulli schedule server vacations and a single vacation policy, Pakistan Journal of Statistics Vol.19,(2003), pp.331-442.
- Levi and U.Yechilai, An M/M/s queue with server vacations, Infor., 14 (1976), 153-163.
- C. Madan and A.Z. Abu-Dayyeh, On a single server queue with optional phase type Server vacations based on exhaustive deterministic service and a single vacation policy, Apllied Mathematics and Computation, 149 (2004), 723-734.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 196-201
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162534
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. S. Maragathasundari, K. Karthikeyan, "A Bulk Queuing model of Optional Second Phase Service with Short and Long vacations", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.196-201, September-October-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162534