Home > Archives > IJSRST162538
A Review on Study Habits of School Going Children in Relation to Their Academic Achievement
Authors(2) :-Geetika Sharma, Dr. Charu Vyas
The more than twenty online studies were reviewed to identify the relationship between study habits and academic achievement of school going children. It was found that for the last few years, that there is a significant positive relation between study habits and academic achievement of schoolers. The review of various studies revealed that the academic achievement of boys is significantly higher than the girls. The study also concluded that there is a positive correlation between various factors (such as home environment, self- esteem, socio-economic status, parents educational level, parental involvement, school environment, peer influence, academic motivation, study facility, emotional intelligence) and academic achievement.
Geetika Sharma, Dr. Charu Vyas
Academic Achievement, School Going Children, Study Habits.
- Akagah, F. A. (2011) . Influence of study habits on academic performance of junior high school students in the Gomoa west district. University of Education, winneba. unpublished thesis.
- Alokan, F. B., Osakinle, E. O., & Onijingin, E.O. (2013) . The influence of parents educational background and study facilities on academic achievement performances among secondary school students. Ozean Journal of Social science, 6(2), 27-33. Retrieved from jml2012.indexcopernicus.com/Ozean+Journal+of+Social+Sciences,p898...
- Al-Agili, M. Z. G., Mamat, M. B., Abdullah, L., & Maad, H. A. (2012) . The factors influence students’ achievement in mathematics: A case for libyan’s students. World Applied Science Journal, 17(19), 1224-1230. Retrieved from wasj.org/
- Anwar, M. N., Shamim-ur-Rasool., & Haq, Raheel. (2012) . A comparison of creative thinking abilities of high and low achievers secondary school students. International Interdisciplinary Journal of Education, 1(1). Retrieved from iijoe.org
- Arora, R. (2016) . Academic achievement of adolescents in relation to study habits. The International Journal of Indian Psychology, 3(2), 47-54. Retrieved from http://www.ijip.in
- Chadha, C., & Dhulia, U. (2015) . Effect of high and low television viewing on study habits of adolescents students. Asian Resonance, 4(2), 187-191. Retrieved from socialresearchfoundation.com/.
- Farooj, M. S., Chaudhary, A. H., Shafiq, M., & Berhanu, G. (2011) . Factors affecting students’ quality of academic performance: A case of secondary school level. Journal of Quality and Technology Management, 7(2), 1-14. Retrieved from http://pu.edu.pk/home/journal/22
- J, J., & K, S. (2015) . Influence of home environment on academic achievement in mathematics. ISOR Journal of Mathematics. 11(4), 26-31. Retrieved from iosrjournals.org
- Joshi, S., & Srivastava, R. (2009) . Self-esteem and academic achievement of adolescents. Journal of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology, 35, 33-39. Retrieved from http://www.org/
- Kaur, M., & Kaur, P. (2013) . Achievement motivation,study habits and inferiority among children of high and low educated parents. Indian Journal of Psychological Science, 3(2), 90-102. Retrieved from oaji.net/journal-detail.html?number=953
- Khan, R. M. A ., Iqbal, N., & Tasneem, S. (2015) . The influence of parents educational level on secondary school students academic achievement in district Rajanpur. Journal of Education and Practice, 6(16), 76-79. Retrieved from iiste.org
- Khan, Z. N. (2016) . Factor effecting on study habits. World Journal of Educational Research, 3(1), 145-150. Retrieved from scholink.org/ojs/index.php/wjer
- Korir, D.K., & Kipkemboi, f. (2014) . The impact of school environment and per influence on students academic performance in Vihiga country, Kenya. International Journal of Humanaities and Social Science, 4(5), 240-251. Retrieved from http://www.ijhssnet.com
- Kumar, S., & Sohi, A. (2013) . Study habit of tenth grade students in relation to their academic achievement. PARIPEX- Indian Journal of Research, 2(12), 58-60. Retrieved from http://www.worldwidejournals.com/paripex/
- MoloKoMphale, L., & Mhlauli, M. B. (2014) . An investigation on students academic performance for junior secondary school in Botswana. European Journal of Educational Research, 3(3), 111-127. Retrieved from http://www.eurojedu.com
- Nagaraju, M. T. V. (2004) . Study habit of secondary school students. New Delhi: Discovery Publishing House
- Oluwatimilehin, J. T. B., & Owoyele, J. W. (2012) . Study habits and academic achievement in core subjects among junior secondary school student in ondo state,Nigeria. Bulgarian Journal of Science and Education Policy, 6(1), 155-169. Retrieved from http://www.bjsep.org/
- Parveen, A., Noor-Ul-Amin, S., & Nazir, S. K. (2013) . Comparative study of the academic achievement of 10th class boys and girls studying in different high school of District Pulwama of (J &K). Journal of Education Research and Behavioural Science, 2(2), 020-027. Retrieved from http://www.apexjournal.org
- Rafiq, H. M, W., Fatima, T., Sohail, M. M., Saleem, M., & Khan, M. A. (2013) . Parental involvement and academic achievement ; A study on secondary school students of Lahore, Pakistan. International Journal of Humantities and Social Science, 3(8), 209-223. Retrieved from http://www.ijhssnet.com
- Sandhu, S. S. (2014) . Academic achievement of adolescents in relation to their emotional intelligence and study habits. Edubeam Multidisciplinary, 12(1), 1-10. Retrieved from http://www.emrj.net
- Shute, V.J., Hansen, E. G., Underwood, J. S., & Razzouk, R. (2011) . A review of the relationship between parental involvement and secondary school students’ academic achievement. Education Research Interational,1-10. doi:10.1155/2011/915326
- Siahi, E. A., & Maiyo, J. K. (2015) . Study of the relationship between study habits and academic achievement of students: A case of Spicer higher secondary school,india. International Journal of Educational Administration and Policy Sudies, 7(7), 134-141. Retrieved from http://www.academicjournals.org/IJEAPS
- Siddiqui, M. A., & Fatima, Tabassum. (2014) . Study of academic achievement in relation to study habits and achievement motivation among muslim and non-Muslim adolescents. PARIPEX- Indian Journal of Research, 3(4), 66-69. Retrieved from http://www.worldwidejournals.com/paripex/
- Verma, A. (2016) . A study of academic achievement among high school students in relation to their study habits. International journal of research in Humanities, Arts and literature, 4(3), 75-88. Retrieved from impactjournals.us
- Vij, M., & Ralhan, R. (2013) . A comparative study of study habit and academic achievement among first generation learners and non-first generation learners in relation to demographic variables. Scholarly Research Journal for Interdisciplinary Studies, 1(1), 117-1187. Retrieved from http://www.srjis.com
- Yazdani, K., & Godbole, V. S. (2014) . Studying the role of habits and achievement motivation in improving students’ academic performance. European Online Journal of Natural and Social Science, 3(4), 827-839. Retrieved from http://www.european-science.com
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 166-171
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162538
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Geetika Sharma, Dr. Charu Vyas, "A Review on Study Habits of School Going Children in Relation to Their Academic Achievement", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.166-171, September-October-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162538