Home > Archives > IJSRST162543
Controlling and Monitoring Home Appliances Using Android Smart Phone
Authors(5) :-Shruti Daund, Pooja Jagtap, Rohini Chaudhari, Pradnya Joshi, Prof. T. Ravikumar
In this paper we have proposed a novel system for smart homes, where the home appliances like light and fan can be remotely controlled and monitored using a smart phone. The concept of Internet of things (IoT) comes into picture. The main objective of this system is energy saving through use of low power consumption protocols like zigbee. There is also a provision for smoke and fire detection. In case of fire, the user gets notified of it through a text message on his registered mobile number so that he can take further action. In this system only authenticated users can control the appliances through smart phone. The current status of light and fan i.e ON/OFF is also notified to the user. A user friendly android app interface is provided for notifying the user the status of the appliances and the user can give command for switching ON/OFF the appliances. The hardware used which actually controls the appliances is Raspberry pi. An Internet gateway provides ease of communication between the hardware and the android app. Here the brightness or the dimness of the light can also be controlled by using the concept of duty cycle.
Shruti Daund, Pooja Jagtap, Rohini Chaudhari, Pradnya Joshi, Prof. T. Ravikumar
Raspberry pi, Smart Homes, IoT, Android app.
- D, "IoT based Monitoring and Control System for Home Automation," Chennai
- "IoT-based Monitoring System u sing Tri-level Context Making Model for Smart Home Services" Byeongkwan Kang, Sunghoi Park, Student Member, IEEE, Tacklim Lee, and Sehyun Park.
- "Security Architecture of the Internet of Things Oriented to Perceptual Layer" Weizhe Zhang1*, Baosheng Qu**
- "Using Raspberry Pi and GSM Survey on Home Automation" by Shrikrushna Khedkar Department of Electronic and Telecommunication.
- "Towards the Implementation of IoT for Environmental Condition Monitoring in Homes" Sean Dieter Tebje Kelly, Nagender Kumar Suryadevara, and Subhas Chandra Mukhopadhyay, Fellow, IEEE.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 6
| November-December 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-12-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 20-22
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162543
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Shruti Daund, Pooja Jagtap, Rohini Chaudhari, Pradnya Joshi, Prof. T. Ravikumar, "Controlling and Monitoring Home Appliances Using Android Smart Phone ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 6
, pp.20-22, November-December-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162543