Home > Archives > IJSRST162545
Smart Irrigation System
Authors(5) :-Vishal L. Akubattin, Arti P. Bansode, Tejaswini Ambre, Amit Kachroo, Prof. P. SaiPrasad
The motivation for this paper came from the countries where economy is based on agriculture and the climatic conditions lead to lack of rains & scarcity of water. The farmers working in the farm lands are solely dependent on the rains and bore wells for irrigation of the land. Even if the farm land has a water-pump, manual intervention by farmers is required to turn the pump on/off whenever needed.
The aim of our paper is to minimize this manual intervention by the farmer, 1) as there is no un-planned usage of water, a lot of water is saved from being wasted. 2) The irrigation is the only when there is not enough moisture in the soil and the threshold value decides when the pump should be turned on/off, saves a lot time for the farmers. This also gives much needed rest to the farmers, as they don’t have to go and turn the pump on/off manually.
Vishal L. Akubattin, Arti P. Bansode, Tejaswini Ambre, Amit Kachroo, Prof. P. SaiPrasad
Raspberry pi, connected farm, Android app, Wi-Fi module, Soil Moisture Sensor, Temperature Sensor.
- Benahmed Khelifa and Douli Amel,Bouzekri Amel, Chabane Mohamed, Benahmed Tarek, \Smart Irrigation Using Internet of Things" 978-1-4799-8267-7-15/2015 IEEE
- Divya P, Surbhi Sonkiya, Preeti Das, Manjusha V. V, Maneesha V. Ramesh, \CAWIS: Context Aware Wireless Irrigation System".
- Darshna, T.Sangavi , Sheena Mohan, A.Soundharya, Sukanya Desikan, \SMART IR- RIGATION SYSTEM",IOSR.
- Deepak Kumar and Mr.Murtaza Hassan Ansari, \Irrigation Control System", ISSN 2249 3131 Volume 4, Number 4 (2014), pp. 371-374 ^Ac Research India Publications http://www.ripublication.com
- Visualize Humidity with the SHT 11 Sensor". http://www.instructables.com/id/VISUALIZE-humiditywith-2the-SHT11sensor/step1"
- Visualize Humidity with the SHT 11 Sensor". http://www.instructables.com/id/VISUALIZE- humiditywith-2the-SHT11sensor/step2/Wire-the sensor/DCOER"
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 343-345
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162545
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Vishal L. Akubattin, Arti P. Bansode, Tejaswini Ambre, Amit Kachroo, Prof. P. SaiPrasad, "Smart Irrigation System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.343-345, September-October-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162545