Home > Archives > IJSRST162550
Packet Normalized based PEH-QoS Energy Management in WBAN Network Powered by Human Energy Harvesting
Authors(2) :-Jaswinder Kaur, Harmandeep Singh
Energy scavenging from the human environment is the new innovative idea to feed the sensors and to provide uninterrupted service in wireless body area network. The functioning of the body node highly depends upon the available power to detect events and to transmit them over a wireless network. The system performance depends upon the available energy and calculated in terms of its quality of service, delay, and throughput and packet loss. Moreover the available energy further reckons on the harvesting source accessibility. This concludes a condition where the system has to attain its performance with the available energy. Hence we propose a power management scheme in this paper which includes three algorithms. These algorithms provide a guarantee to the system performance under critical energy conditions for differentiating the data into normal, critical and highly critical categories in the queue. It emphasis to transmit the highly critical data as the first priority and considering the normal information at least priority or even discard the normal information under critical energy conditions to remove duplicity to give space to the highly critical data in the queue. Considerable simulations are carried out to interpret the performance of the system under these algorithms for different human activities such as relaxing, walking, running and cycling. This proposed system assures the quality of service (QoS) in ECG node performance.
Jaswinder Kaur, Harmandeep Singh
WBAN; Energy Harvesting; Quality of Servic ; E-Health
- Gould and A. Krahn, “Complications Associated With Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Replacement in Response to Device Advisories”, Journal of the American Medical Association, vol. 295, no. 16, pp. 529–551, April 2006.
- Paradiso and T. Starner, “Energy Scavenging for Mobile and Wireless Electronics,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 4, no.1, pp. 18-27, March 2005.
- Xiaoling Xu, Lei Shu, Mohsen Guizani, Mei Liu and Junye Lu, “A Survey on Energy Harvesting and Integrated Data Sharing in Wireless Body Area Networks” Hindawi Publishing Corporation International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks Volume 2015, Article ID 438695,2015.
- Kansal,J.Hsu,S.Zahedi,M.B.Srivastave,’’Power Management in Energy Harvesting Sensor Networks,’’ACM/IEEE Trans. On Embedded Computing Systems, vol. 6 no.4,pp.651-656,Sep. 2007.
- Paul D. Mitcheson,’’Energy Harvesting for Human Wearable and Implanntable Biosensors’’in the Proceedins of 32nd annual International Conference of the IEEE-EMBS Buenos Aires,Argentina, August 31-December 4,2010.
- Tanvi Dikshit, Dhawal Shrivastava, Abhijeet Gorey, Ashish Gupta, Parag Parandkar and Sumant Katiyal  “Energy Harvesting via Piezoelectricity” BIJIT - BVICAM’s International Journal of Information Technology Bharati Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Computer Applications and Management (BVICAM), New Delhi Vol. 2 No. 2; ISSN 0973 – 5658 pp. 265-269
- Rudd J.M.Vullers,Rob van Schaiji,Hubregt J.Visser,Julien Penders (2010)’’Energy Harvesting for Autonoums Wireless Sensor Networks’’,IEEE,vol. 2, Issue:2, pp 29-38,June10,2010.
- Sakshi Koul1, Suhaib Ahmed, Vipan Kakkar,’’ A Comparative Analysis of Different Vibration Based Energy Harvesting Techniques for Implantables” International Conference on Computing, Communication and Automation (ICCCA2015) ISBN: 978-1-4799-8889-1,pp. 979 – 983.
- A. Eu W.K.G,Seah,H.P.Tan,’’ A study of MAC Schemes for Wireless Sensor Networks powered by ambient energy harvesting’’,in the proceedings of 4th Annual International Conference on Wireless Internet (WICON’08),no.78,pp 1-8,November 2008.
- A.EU,H-P and W.K.G. Seah,’’Design and Performance Analysis of MAC Schems for Wireless Sensor Networks Powered by Ambient Energy Harvesting,’’ Journal of Ad-Hoc Networks,vol.9,no.3,pp 300-332,August 2011.
- S.Hortos,’’Effects on Energy Harvesting on Quality of Service in real time Wireless Sensor Networks,’’ in the proceedings, Wireless Sensing, Localization Networks and Processings VII,SPIE,vol. 8404 840407,pp 1-12,May 2012.
- S.Hortos,’’Effects of Energy Harvesting on quality of service in transient wireless sensor networks’’ in the Proceedings of Military Communications Conference,pp. 1-9,N ovember 2012.
- Prashanth,T.V. Prabakar,K. Prakaruthi,H.S.Jamadgani,’’Queue Stability Measurements for Energy Harvesting Sesnsor Nodes’’ in Proceedings of National Conference on Communications’’(NCC),pp.1-5,Feburary 2012.
- V, Joseph,V Sharma and U Mukherji,’’Optimal Sleep Wakeup Policies for Energy Harvesting Communication System’’pp.1-6,14-18 June 2009.
- Yang,S.Ulukus,’’Optimal Packet Scheduling in an Energy Harvesting Communication System’’,Journal IEEE Transactions on Communications,(ICC), pp. 220-230,Janyary 2012.
- S.Khairnar and N.B.Mehta,”Power and Discrete Rate Adaption for Energy Harvesting Wireless Sensor Networks’’, in the Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communication,pp. 1-5, June 2011.
- R.Murthy,’’Power Management and Data Rate Maximization in Wireless Energy Harvesting Sensors’’,in the Proceedings of 19th International Symposium on Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Communication,pp. 1-5,Sep 2008.
- Ozel,K.Tutuncuglo,J.Yang ,S.Uulukus and A.Yener,’’Adaptive Transmission Policies for Energy Harvesting Wireless Nodes in the Fading Channels’’,in the Proceedings of 45th Annual Conferenece on Information Sciences and Systems,pp.1-6,March 2011.
- A.Ameen,A.Neesa,KS.Kwak,”QOS Issues with Focus on Wireless Body Area Networks’’ in Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Convergence and Hybrid Information Technology,pp. 801-807,November 2008.
- Kateretse,GW Lee,E-N Huu,’’A Practical Traffic Scheduling for Differntiated Services of Healthcare Systems on Wireless Sensor Networks’’Journal of Sensors,vol. 71,no.2,pp,909-927,January 2011.
- Razzaque,C.S.Hong,S.Lee,’’Data Centric Multiobjective QoS Aware Routing Protocol for Body Senssor Networks’’,Joyrnal of Sensors,vol.11,no.1,pp.917-937,Janauray 2011.
- Liang and I.Balasingham,A QoS Aware Routing Service Framework for Biomedical Sensor Networks’’,in the Proceedings of 4th International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems,pp. 342-345,October 2007.
- Hassanpour,B.Asadi,Y.Vejdanparsat and P.Zargar,’’Improving Reliablity of Routing in Wireless Body Area Sensor Networks using Gentic Algorithm’’ in the Proceedins of IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Automation Engineering,vol.2,pp.590-539,June 2011.
- Seyedi and B.Sikdar,’’Modelling and Analaysis of Energy Harvesting Nodes in Body Sensor Networks’’,in the Proceedings of 5th International Summer School and Symposium on Medical Devices and Biosensors,pp.175-178,June 2008.
- He,W.HZu and L.Guan,’’Optimal Source Rate Allocation in Body Sensor Networks with Energy Harvesting’’ in the Proceedings of 2011 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo,pp.1-6,July 2011.
- Huang,M.Ashouei,R.Yazicioglu,J.Penders,R.Vullers,G.Dolmans,P.Merken,J.Huisken,H.de.Groot,C.Van.Hoof and B.Gyselinckx,’’Ultra Low Power Sensor Design for Wireless Sensor Networks-Challenges,Potential solution and Applications’’,International Journal of Digital Content Technology and Applications,vol.3,no.3,pp. 136-148,September 2008.
- Bachmann,H.Ashouei,V.Pop,M.Vidojkovic,H.D.Groot and B. Gyselinckx,’’Low power wireless sensor nodes for ubiquitious long term biomedical signal monitoring’’,IEEE Communications Magazine, vol.50,no.1,pp.20-27,November 2012.
- Sanchez,C.Sodini,J.L.Dawson,’’An energy management IC for Bio-implants using ultra-capacitors for energy storage,’’in the Proceedings of IEEE Symposium on VLSI ccircuits,pp. 63-64,June 2010.
- FYazicioglu,S Kim,T.Torfs,P.Marken abd C.Van Hoof,’’ A 30µW analog signal processor ASIC for biomedical signal monitoring’’in the Proceedings of International Digest of Technical papers Solid State Circuit Conference ,pp. 124-125,February 2010.
- Ernesto Ibarraa, Angelos Antonopoulosb, Elli Kartsaklic, Joel J. P. C. Rodriguesd, and Christos Verikoukis,(2014) ” Joint Power-QoS Control Scheme for Energy Harvesting Body Sensor Nodes” in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communication (IEEE ICC), 10-14 June 2014, Sydney (Australia) ,pp.3511–3516
- Ernesto Ibarra, Member, IEEE, Angelos Antonopoulos, Senior Member, IEEE, Elli Kartsakli, Senior Member, IEEE, Joel J.P.C. Rodrigues, Senior Member, IEEE, and Christos Verikoukis, Senior Member, IEEE,, “ QoS-aware Energy Management in Body Sensor Nodes Powered by Human Energy Harvesting” IEEE Sensors Journal (Volume:16 , Issue: 2 ), ISSN :1530-437X,pp. 542 – 549.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 208-219
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162550
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Jaswinder Kaur, Harmandeep Singh , "Packet Normalized based PEH-QoS Energy Management in WBAN Network Powered by Human Energy Harvesting ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.208-219, September-October-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162550