Home > Archives > IJSRST162569
Study of Heat Pipes in Solar Collectors Using Nano Fluids
Authors(3) :-Vijayakumar. P., Raj Kumar. V. T., Ramkumar. P.
This paper describes about the performance of heat pipes in solar collectors. The solar energy is the most readily accessible source of energy. It does not belong to anybody and is therefore free. It is also most important of the non-conventional sources of energy because it is eco-friendly. Solar energy captured by solar collector and an evacuated solar collector is most efficient and convenient collector among various kind of solar collector. Heat pipes plays important role in all electronic devices and also in solar collectors. Because the prime role of heat pipe is to reduce the over heat of the devices or collectors. Heat pipe heat exchanger is a simple device which is used to transfer the heat from one location to another location using an evaporation-condensation cycle. The day to day applications of heat pipe heat exchanger are water heater, heat engines, air conditioning and much more. The working fluid of heat pipe heat exchanger is NANO FLUIDS. NANO fluids are the solid-liquid suspension created by the combination of small NANO particles with base liquid(water).The commonly used NANO fluids are Alumina(Al2O3),Copper oxide(Cu2O),Titanium oxide(TiO2) and Au/water. The recently discovered NANO fluid is Graphene oxide due to its high thermal conductivity. The NANO fluid plays a vital role in many of the thermal applications like heat exchanger, solar power generation and Automobile industries because of its higher efficiency less, friction less heat loss and more advantages.
Vijayakumar. P., Raj Kumar. V. T., Ramkumar. P.
Solar Collector, Capillary Force, Heat pipe, Nano fluid,
- B. parmar: performance of an evacuated tube collector with heat pipe technology res at Volume 4, Issue 3, May-June, 2016.
- Kumudini Gharge, Amrut Ghodake, Sayaji Gharge, Ganesh Gore. : Performance Enhancement of Solar Collector using Heat Pipe in res in Green 68 Dec 4-8, 2015.
- A.Sabiha, R.Saidur, SaadMekhilef, OmidMahian: Progress and latest developments of evacuated tube solar collectors. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 51(2015)1038–1054.
- N.H., Shaikh.S.M. : Review Paper on Thermal Performance Investigation of Evacuated Tube Heat Pipe Solar Collector with Nano fluid. ISSN: 2277-9655(I2OR), Publication Impact Factor: 3.785 (2015).
- mahdjuri, evacuated heat pipe solar collector Energy Conversion, Vol. 19, pp. 85 to 90.
- Seshan and D. Vijayalakshmi: Heat Pipes--Concepts, Materials and Applications Energy Convers. Mgmt Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. I-9, 1986.
- Amir Faghri: Review and Advances in Heat Pipe Science and Technology. [DOI: 10.1115/1.4007407] .
- Hammad: Experimental Study Of The Performance Of A Solar Collector Cooled By Heat Pipes. Renewable Energy, Vol. 6, No. I. pp. 11 15. 1995.
- Abhijeet A. Pawar, Digvijay B. Shelke: Thermal performance of wickless heat pipe solar collector with surfactant added Nano fluid and solar tracking- A Review. International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research (IJSETR), Volume 4, Issue 1, January 2015.
- Soteris A. Kalogirou: Solar thermal collectors and applications. Progress in Energy and Combustion Science 30 (2004) 231–295.
- B. Sobhan, R. L. Rag, and G. P. Peterson: A review and comparative study of the investigations on micro heat pipes. Int. J. Energy Res. 2007; 31:664–688.
- Mehmet Akyurt: Development Of Heat Pipes For Solar Water Heaters. Solar Energy 32, No. 5, pp. 625-631, 1984.
- Jorge Faca o and Armando C. Oliveira: The effect of condenser heat transfer on the energy performance of a plate heat pipe solar collector. Int. J. Energy Res. 2005; 29:903–912.
- Jahanbakhsh, H.R. Haghgou, S. Alizadeh: Experimental analysis of a heat pipe operated solar collector using water–ethanol solution as the working fluid. Solar Energy 118 (2015) 267–275.
- Cao, M. Gao: Wickless network heat pipes for high heat flux spreading applications. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 45 (2002) 2539–254.
- Kusure Balasao D, R.M.Warkhedkar, P.R.Harde, P.K.Shirke: Heat Transfer Enhancement by using Nanofluids in Heat Pipe-A Review. Applied Mechanics and Materials 592-594 (2014) pp 932-938.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 273-278
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162569
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Vijayakumar. P., Raj Kumar. V. T., Ramkumar. P., "Study of Heat Pipes in Solar Collectors Using Nano Fluids", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.273-278, September-October-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162569