Home > Archives > IJSRST162572
Obstetrical Management Of Post-Partum Uterine Prolapse in A Non - Descript DOE - A Case Report
Authors(3) :-A. Teja, M. Praveen Raj, K. Prabhakar Rao
A 4 years old non-descript doe in its second parity was reported with the history of protrusion of mass through the vulva after normal kidding. On clinical examination, it was confirmed as total uterine prolapse. After stabilizing the animal, the prolapse mass was replaced manually and a course of parental antibiotic, analgesic and fluid therapy were administered. The doe recovered uneventfully.
A. Teja, M. Praveen Raj, K. Prabhakar Rao
Uterine prolapse, Eversion, Non-descript doe
- Borobia- Belsue, J. (2006). Replacement of rectal prolapse in sow Vet. Rec., pp: 380.
- Fubini, S. L. and Ducharme, G, N. (2006) Surgical conditions of the Post-Partum Period. Text Book of Farm animal Surgery, Elsevier, Mosby, pp: 333-338.
- Hanie, E.A., 2006. Prolapse of the Vaginal and Uterus: Text Book of Large Animal Clinical Procedures for Veterinary Technicians. Elsevier, Mosby, pp: 218-221.
- Hosie, B. (1993) Treatment of Vaginal Prolapse in Ewe Practice, 15: 10-11.
- Murphy, A. M. and Dobson, H. (2002). Predisposition, subsequent fertility and mortality of cows with uterine prolapse. Vet. Rec., 151, 733-735.
- Noakes, D.E., T.J. Parkinson and G.C.W. England, 2001.Post Parturient Prolapse of the Arthur’s Veterinary Reproduction and Obstetrics. Saunders, pp: 333-338.
- Risco, C. A., Reynolds, J. P and Hird, D. (1984). Uterine prolapse and hypocalcaemia in dairy cows. J. Am. Vet. Med. Assoc., 185: 1517-1519.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 5 | September-October 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-10-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 283-284
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162572
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
A. Teja, M. Praveen Raj, K. Prabhakar Rao, "Obstetrical Management Of Post-Partum Uterine Prolapse in A Non - Descript DOE - A Case Report ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 5, pp.283-284, September-October-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162572