Home > Archives > IJSRST162584
Assess the knowledge regarding temporary contraceptive methods among reproductive age group of women in Narayana Medical College hospital; Nellore
Authors(4) :-N. Subhashini, Dr. Indira Arumugam, B. Vanaja Kumari, Samhitha J.
Family planning methods plays a major role in combating the population growth in developing country like India and also plays a crucial role in safeguarding the health of the women. The present preliminary study was carried out with the aim to assess the knowledge regarding temporary contraceptive methods.30 reproductive age (15-45 years) group women selected by using randomized technique and data obtained by interview method after getting informed consent and data documented. Statistical analysis performed. The finding explored that out of 30 women 9 (30%) women had inadequate knowledge, 17 (57%) were had moderate, and 4(13%) women were had adequate knowledge. Education of the subjects will play an important role in the knowledge of temporary contraceptives methods.
N. Subhashini, Dr. Indira Arumugam, B. Vanaja Kumari, Samhitha J.
Assess, Knowledge, Temporary Contraceptive, Reproductive Age, Women.
- Krishna kumar gulani,community health nursing’’ first edition,kumar publishing house;2007.
- Renjhen prachi.et al.,(2008) “study of knowledge ,attitude and practice of family planning among the women of rproductive age group” in sikkim.
- Park, 2007, Text book of Preventive and social Medicine, 19th edition, Jaypee Brothers; page no:515-518.
- Bhawana Sharma, Shubhangna Sharma and Shilpa Nagar. Awareness among women towards aspects of family planning of Kullu district of Himachal Pradesh, Journal of Social Science. 2005; 11(3): 249-251.
- Das B.M and Dekha R, Cultural factors in fertility regulation, Indian Anthropologist, 1982;12(2): 181-185
- Dabral S, Malik SL. Demographic Study of Gujjars of Delhi: IV. KAP of Family Planning. J Hum Ecol 2004; 16: 231-7.
- Reddy Rajesh S., Premarajan K.C., Narayan K.A., Mishra Akshaya Kumar(2003) “Rapid Appraisal of Knowledge, Attitude and Practices related to Family Planning Methods Among Men Within 5 Years of Married Life.” Indian J. Prev. Soc. Med Vol 34, No.1&2 Jan-June. pg 62-67.
- Subhashini N. Assessment of Coping Strategies among Breast Cancer Patients on Chemotherapy. NNJ. 2014; 3(1):43-45.
- Subhashini N, Dr. Arumugam Indira. Assess the burden among caregivers of patients undergoing hemodialysis in tertiary care hospital, Nellore, International Journal of Applied Research. 2016; 2(4):559-561.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 6
| November-December 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 23-24
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162584
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
N. Subhashini, Dr. Indira Arumugam, B. Vanaja Kumari, Samhitha J., "Assess the knowledge regarding temporary contraceptive methods among reproductive age group of women in Narayana Medical College hospital; Nellore", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 6
, pp.23-24, November-December-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162584