Home > Archives > IJSRST162613
Digital Video Forgery Detection and Authentication Technique - A Review
Authors(2) :-Aldrina Christian, Ravi Sheth
Digital video are very important in day to day life. It is important in multimedia data for creating, processing, transmitting and storing digital information in many forms like image, audio and video. Invention of video editing technology, video are used in wide spread. Digital video are useful in education, medical treatment and various other field. Unauthorized alteration or modification is done by attacker to maliciously forge a video sequence for video forensic e.g. Frames are repeated, cropping the frame, copying the frame, deleting the frame. In this paper present review of several video forgery detection methods, those are used to find whether video is real or fake and video authentication technique.
Aldrina Christian, Ravi Sheth
Digital Video, Multimedia Data, Video Forensic, Frames, Video Forgery Detection, Video Authentication Technique
- Rocha, W. Scheirer, T. Boult, S. Goldenstein, “Vision of the Unseen: Current Trends and Challenges in Digital Image and Video Forensics", ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR), Volume 43 Issue 4, October 2011, Article No. 26, doi: 10.1145/1978802.1978805.
- Redi, J. A., Taktak, W., and Dugelay, J. L., “Digital image forensics: a booklet for beginners," Multimedia Tools Appl, Vol. 51, Issue 1, Jan 2011, pp. 133–162. DOI: 10.1007/s11042-010-0620-1.
- Wang, W., “Digital video forensics," Ph.D. dissertation, Department of Computer Science, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, June 2009.
- Saurabh Upadhyay, Sanjay Kumar Singh, “Video Authentication: Issues and Challenges" in IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science Issues, Vol. 9, Issue 1, No 3, January 2012 ISSN (Online): 1694-0814.
- Peng Yin, Hong heather Yu, “Classification of Video Tampering Methods and Countermeasures using Digital Watermarking ,"Proc. SPIE Vol. 4518, p. 239-246, Multimedia Systems, and Applications IV.
- Mondaini, N.; Caldelli, R.; Piva, A.; Barni, M.; Cappellini, V.: Detection of malevolent changes in digital video for forensic applications, in Proc. of SPIE, Security, Steganography, and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents IX, E. J. D. III and P. W.Wong, eds., vol. 6505, no. 1,SPIE, 2007, 65050T.
- Hsu, C.-C.; Hung, T.-Y.; Lin, C.-W.; Hsu, C.-T, “Video forgery detection using correlation of noise residue", in 2008 IEEE, 10th Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing, October 2008, 170–174.
- Xu, Y. Su, and Q. Liu, “Detection of double MPEG-2 compression based on distributions of DCT coefficients," International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, vol. 27, no. 01, p.1354001, 2013.
- Sun, W. Wang, and X. Jiang, “Exposing video forgeries by detecting MPEG double compression," in Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP), IEEE International Conference on, 2012, pp. 1389–1392.
- Jiang, W. Wang, T. Sun, Y. Shi, and S. Wang, “Detection of double compression in MPEG-4 videos based on Markov statistics," Signal Processing Letters, IEEE, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 447–450, 2013.
- Labartino, T.Bianchi, A. De Rosa, M. Fontani, D. V´azquez-Pad, A. Piva, M. Barni, “Localization of Forgeries in MPEG-2 Video through GOP Size and DQ Analysis" MMSP’13, Sept. 30 - Oct. 2, 2013, Pula (Sardinia), Italy.
- Wang, W.; Farid, H, “Exposing digital forgeries in video by detecting double quantization", in Proc. 11th ACM Workshop on Multimedia and Security, MM & Sec ’09, ACM, New York, NY, 2009, 39–48 online]. Available:http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1597817.1597826
- Wang and H. Farid, “Exposing digital forgeries in video by detecting duplication," MM&Sec’07, September 20–21, 2007,Dallas, Texas, USA.
- Kobayashi, M.; Okabe, T.; Sato, Y.: Detecting forgery from static scene video based on inconsistency in noise level functions. IEEE Trans. Info. Forensics Secure 5(4) (2010), 883–892.
- Subramanyam, A. V. and Emmanuel, S., “Video forgery detection using HOG features and compression properties," in Proc. IEEE 14th International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing (MMSP 2012), Sept 17-19, 2012, pp.8994.DOI:10.1109/MMSP.2012.6343421.
- Ching-Yung Lin, “Watermarking and Digital Signature Techniques for Multimedia Authentication and Copyright Protection," Ph.D. Thesis, Columbia University, Dec. 2000
- Chih-Hsuan Tzeng, Wen-Hsiang Tsai, “A new technique for authentication of image/video for multimedia applications". MM&Sec 2001: 23-26
- Jamal HUSSEIN1 and Aree MOHAMMED2, “Robust Video Watermarking using Multi-Band Wavelet Transform", IJCSI International Journal of Computer cience Issues, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2009.
- Yuan-Liang Tang and Chih-Jung Hung, "Recoverable Authentication of Wavelet-Transformed Images," ICGST International Journal on Graphics, Vision and Image Processing, Vol. SI1, pp. 61-66, 2005.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 6
| November-December 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-12-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 138-143
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162613
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Aldrina Christian, Ravi Sheth, "Digital Video Forgery Detection and Authentication Technique - A Review", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 6
, pp.138-143, November-December-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162613