Home > Archives > IJSRST162621
The Global Demand for Energy Undoes Sustainable Economic Development : A Critique of Sachs
Authors(1) :-Jan-Erik Lane
There is cause for a kind of Malthusian pessimism about the future of our planet. The energy-emissions conundrum may make Mother Earth inhabitable during the 21rst century, as global warming is conducive to a reduction in work effort by mean and women, less food, deforestation, desertification and the acidification of oceans and lakes. Droughts come before water shortages. The UNCCC with its many meetings, now the COP22, is bound to fail to halt climate change, because several governments will renege, like the US, and CO2:s. international governance is weak, lacking adequate fund for its promised Super Fund, paying for a gigantic energy transformation in the Third World.
GHG:s and CO2:s, the COP21 objectives: Goal I, Goal II, Goal III. Energy, energy link with GDP and GHG:s or CO2:s, Sachs, CO2
- World Bank national accounts data - data.worldbank.org
- OECD National Accounts data files
GHG and Energy Sources
- World Resources Institute CAIT Climate Data Explorer - cait.wri.org
- EU Joint Research Centre Emission Database for Global Atmospheric
UN Framework Convention on Climate Change
International Energy Agency. Paris.
Energy Information Administration. Washington, DC. BP Energy Outlook 2016.
EU Emissions Database for Global Research EDGAR,
World Bank Data Indicators, data.worldbank.org
British Petroleum Statistical Review of World Energy 2016Literature
- Barry, B. (1982) “The Tradition of Spontaneous Order”, Literature of Liberty. Vol. v, no. 2, pp. 7-58. Arlington, VA: Institute for Humane Studies.
- Hayek, F.A. (1991) The Fatal Conceit: The Errors of Socialism. The University of Chicago Press.
- Kaya, Y., & Yokoburi, K. (1997) Environment, energy, and economy: Strategies for sustainability. Tokyo: United Nations University Press.
- Malthus, T. (1798, 2016) An Essay on the Principle of Population.
- Sachs, J. (August 10th, 2015) “Sustainable Development for Humanity’s Future” (http://jeffsachs.org/2015/08/sustainable-development-for-humanitys-future/)
- Sachs, J.D. (2015) The Age of Sustainable Development. New York: Columbia University Press.
- Stern, N. (2007) The Economics of Climate Change. Oxford: OUP..
- Ramesh, J. (2015) Green Signals: Ecology, Growth and Democracy in India (2015). Oxford : Oxford University Press.
- Tawney, R. (1922) The Acquisitive Society. Leopold Classic Library, 2016.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 6
| November-December 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-12-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 266-282
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162621
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Jan-Erik Lane, "The Global Demand for Energy Undoes Sustainable Economic Development : A Critique of Sachs", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 6
, pp.266-282, November-December-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162621