Home > Archives > IJSRST162658
Survey on Wireless Sensor Network with their remaining Challenges
Authors(3) :-Pavankumar Naik, Nagaraj Telkar, Kiran Kotin
The wireless sensor network (WSN) is a combination of sensing, computation, and communication into a single tiny device. A sensor network consists of an array of numerous sensor networks of diverse types interconnected by a wireless communication network Sensor data is shared between these sensor nodes and used as input to a distributed estimation system. The system extracts relevant information from the available data. Fundamental design objectives of sensor networks include reliability, accuracy, flexibility, cost effectiveness, and ease of deployment. Each node has at least a sensor with an embedded processor, and low power radius. It acts as information source, sensing and collecting data samples from the environment. Node can also act as information sink, receiving dynamic configuration information from other nodes or external entities. The end portion of a node can be an antenna. A chosen configuration is the microstrip structure which allows for planar circuitry to be integrated with the WSN node. WSNs use small, low-cost embedded devices for a wide range of applications. They do not rely on any pre-existing infrastructure. The WSNs need not communicate directly with the nearest high-power control tower or base station, but only with their local peers. In this paper we have discussed related to WSN,sensors, criteria to choose a sensor, classification of sensors, sensor utilization and also we have discussed about some real WSN applications with their remaining challenges.
Pavankumar Naik, Nagaraj Telkar, Kiran Kotin
Wireless sensor network, Sensors, Classification of Sensors, Real sensor applications and challenges.
- Cerpa, A., Estrin, D.: Ascent: Adaptive self-configuring sensor networks topologies. In: Proceedings of INFOCOM 2002.
- Chan, H., Perrig, A., Song, D.: Random key predistribution schemes for sensor networks. In: IEEE Symposium on Research in Security and Privacy, 2003 pp. 197–213.
- Ramanathan, N., Chang, K., Girod, L., Kapur, R., Kohler, E., Estrin, D.: Sympathy for the sensor network debugger. In: In Proceedings of the 3rd ACM International Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys) 2005.
- Paradis, L., Han, Q.: A survey of fault management in wireless sensor networks. Journal of Network and Systems Management 15(2) 2007.
- Cao, Q., Stankovic, J.A.: An in-field maintenance framework for wireless sensor networks. In: Proc. of DCOSS 2008.
- Rost, S., Balakrishnan, H.: Memento: A health monitoring system for wireless sensor networks. In: Proceedings of IEEE SECON 2006.
- Gu, L., Stankovic, J.A.: t-kernel: Providing reliable os support for wireless sensor networks. In: Proc. of ACM Conf. on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys’06) 2006.
- A Survey of Localization in Wireless Sensor Network, Long Cheng,ChengdongWu, Yunzhou Zhang,HaoWu, Mengxin Li, and CarstenMaple, Hindawi Publishing Corporation International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks Volume 2012, Article ID 962523, 12 pages doi:10.1155/2012/962523.
- New Technique of Wireless Sensor Networks Localization based on Energy Consumption, Anouar Abdelhakim Boudhir Bouhorma Mohamed Ben Ahmed Mohamed, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 9– No.12, November 2010.
- Challenges in Wireless Sensor Networks, Er. Barjinder Singh Kaler,Er. Manpreet Kaur Kaler,RIMT-MAEC,Mandigobindgarh. url : https://www.scribd.com/document/277788559/176.
- Deployment Techniques for Sensor Networks, Jan Beutel, Kay Romer, Matthias Ringwald, Matthias Woehrle.
- Security Issues in Wireless Sensor Network “, Dr. N. Krishna Murthy, Dr. R. Selvam. International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering, Volume 6, Issue 3, March 2016, pp 233-237.
- Prashant Tiwari1 , Varun Prakash Saxena2 , Raj Gaurav Mishra3 , Devendra Bhavsar4 : A Survey of Localization Methods and Techniques in Wireless Sensor Networks” HCTL Open International Journal of Technology Innovations and Research (IJTIR) Volume 14, April 2015 pp 1-13.
- Swathi, V. Sivanagaraju, A.K.S. Manikanta, S. Dileep Kumar : Traffic Density Control and Accident Indicator Using WSN. International Journal for Modern Trends in Science and Technology, Volume: 2 | Issue: 04, April 2016 pp 18-21.
- Giovanni Pau : Power Consumption Reduction for Wireless Sensor Networks Using A Fuzzy Approach , International Journal of Engineering and Technology Innovation, vol. 6, no. 1, 2016, pp. 55 - 67.
- Sonali Joyce Lobo , Sumana K R : Issues and Attacks – A Security Threat to Wsn: An Analogy, International Journal of Emerging Engineering Research and Technology Volume 4, Issue 1, January 2016, PP 96-99.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 6
| November-December 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-12-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 321-331
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162658
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Pavankumar Naik, Nagaraj Telkar, Kiran Kotin, "Survey on Wireless Sensor Network with their remaining Challenges", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 6
, pp.321-331, November-December-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162658