Home > Archives > IJSRST162666
Groundwater Quality Study of Bauxite Mining Area, Bintan Land – Riau Islands Province
Authors(3) :-Rusli, Nana Sulaksana, Lili Fauzielly
The study area is located in the bauxite mining areas on the Bintan Land, Riau Islands Province. Geologically, the area consisted of pre-granitic rock such as clastic sedimentary rock of Triasic aged that consisted of shale and quartzite, granitic rock of jurasic aged that consisted of granite, granodiorite, aplit granite, granite-porphyry and rhyolite. These group of rock has intruded pre-granitic rock and caused hydrothermal procces and pneumatolitic contact as bauxite deposits origin rocks. It was known that the presence of Bauxite is associated with other elements. Because of its potentions, Bintan Land is also an catchment area that has potential as a source of clean water. So it will be very vulnerable to environmental pollution, especially pollution to the groundwater as a result of mining activities. It has become very important to environmentally assesment study due to its role of groundwater for society. The aims of study is to determined conditions of groundwater quality in bauxite mining area of Bintan Land based on chemical and physical data of groundwater taken in 3 wells located at midpoint to shoreline area. Based on laboratory analysis, it was found that sample of monitoring wells 1 and 2 declared as ineligible health, whereas in sample water of andesite mining still met with health requirements.
Rusli, Nana Sulaksana, Lili Fauzielly
Bintan, Bauxite, Groundwater Quality, Pollution
- Alearts, G., dan S. S. Santika. 1984. Metode Penelitian Air. Usaha Nasional, Surabaya. 309 hal.
- Aziz, 2012, Karakterisasi Mineral Ampas serta Evaluasinya untuk Pembuatan Mineral Geopolimer Bangunan, Jurnal Teknologi pengelolaan Limbah, Vol.15 no Rosenthal H, Dethlefsen V and Tiews K 1973. Chem Abstract. 73:118-21
- Klastika, Vitrisia. 2009. Sustainable Development at Bintan Island. Mahasiswa Magister Teknik Geologi UPN “Veteran”: Jurnal Ilmiah MTG, Vol. 2, No. 2: Yogyakarta.
- Krishna, P. 2003. Bioremediation of Bauxite Residue (Red mud) Using Microbes. Dissertation. Department of Biotechnology and Environmental Sciences Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology. Patiala. Punjab.
- Lahar, dkk. 2003. Pemanfaatan dan Evaluasi Konservasi Sumberdaya Mineral di Daerah Kijang, Kabupaten Kijang Provinsi Riau. Subdit Konservasi.
- Sembiring, Sastra. 2007. Sifat Kimia dan Fisik Tanah Pada Areal Bekas Tambang Bauksit di Pulau Bintan, Riau. Balai Penelitian Kehutanan Aek Nauli: Sumatera Utara.
- Dinas PU, Provinsi Kepri, 2005.
- go.id,http://kepri.antaranews.com/ berita/16856/karang-taruna-manfaatkan-limbahbauksit untuk-batak
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 6
| November-December 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-12-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 348-352
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162666
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Rusli, Nana Sulaksana, Lili Fauzielly, "Groundwater Quality Study of Bauxite Mining Area, Bintan Land – Riau Islands Province", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 6
, pp.348-352, November-December-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162666