Home > Archives > IJSRST162676
Estimating the Vital Parameters in Transformer Oil Using Soft Computing Technique
Authors(3) :-R. Kesava Prabu, C. Vethakkan Rajkumar, Dr. S. Suresh
Power transformers are the costliest equipment in power system. Transformer may get failed by the failure of insulation system. Monitoring the transformer is essential to keeping continuity in power distribution. Goal of presented work is to predict the transformer oil critical parameters with low cost for monitoring purpose of transformer. In this project one of the soft computing technique, artificial neural network have been constructed to predict different critical transformer oil parameters. The prediction is performed through modeling the relationship between the predictable parameters and critical parameters. The process of predicting these oil parameters statuses is carried out using various configurations of neural networks. First, a multilayer feed forward neural network with a back-propagation learning Algorithm was implemented. Subsequently, a cascade of these neural networks was deemed to be more promising according to the correlation between the parameters.
R. Kesava Prabu, C. Vethakkan Rajkumar, Dr. S. Suresh
PCB, ASTM, Neural Network, ANN, Feed Forward and Back Propagation Neural Network
- Moulai, I. Khelfane, A. Yahiat, T. Toudja, A. Nacer, M. M. Zemirli, F. Doussas "Physico-Chemical Properties of Power Transformer Oil Mixtures" 978-1-4244-5795-3/10/$26.00 ©2010 IEEE.
- Khaled Shaban, Ayman El-Hag and Andrei Matveev "A Cascade of Artificial Neural Networks to Predict Transformers Oil Parameters".IEEE transaction Manuscript received on 26 September 2008, in final form 20 December 2008
- S. Nikjoo, M. Mirzai, A. Gholami "Prediction of Chemical Characteristics of the Transformer Oil by Neural Networks"21st international conference.
- Harry Gumilang, Jalan Mayjend Sutoyo "Unique relationship between interfacial tension test (IFT) and neutral number test (Acidity) of transformer insulation oil in PLN P3B JB - Jakarta and Banten Regional" Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Properties and Applications of Dielectric Materials July 19-23, 2009, Harbin, China.
- Mohamed A.A. Wahab, M.M. Hamada, A.G. Zeitoun and G. Ismail"General model for the prediction of the characteristics of aged transformer oil"High Voltage Engineering Symposium, 22-27 August 1999 Conference Publication NO. 467, IEE, 1999.
- Mohammad R. Meshkatoddini "Aging Study and Lifetime Estimation of Transformer Mineral Oil" American J. of Engineering and Applied Sciences 1 (4): 384-388, 2008 ISSN 1941-7020 © 2008 Science Publications.
- Neil Robinson "Transformer oil analysis" NTT WorldWide Technical Bulletins.
- Y .Julliard. R.Badent and A. J. Schwab "Influence of Water Content on Breakdown Behavior of Transformer Oil" 200 1 Annual Report Conference on Electrical Insulation and Dielectric Phenomena .
- Khaled Assaleh, and Ayman H. El-Hag" Estimating transformer oil parameters using polynomial networks" 2008 International Conference on Condition Monitoring and Diagnosis, Beijing, China, April 21-24, 2008.
- Carole Moules "The Role of Interfacial Tension Measurement in the Oil Industry", Camtel Ltd.
- Joseph B. DiGiorgio, Ph.D."Dissolved gas analysis of mineral oil insulating Fluids" seminars on request.
- Saskatchewan research council" SRC Analysis laboratory" hand book.
- M. Blair " fundamental Statistical analysis" mathematical statistics.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 6
| November-December 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-12-14
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 374-378
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162676
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
R. Kesava Prabu, C. Vethakkan Rajkumar, Dr. S. Suresh, "Estimating the Vital Parameters in Transformer Oil Using Soft Computing Technique", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 6
, pp.374-378, November-December-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162676