Home > Archives > IJSRST162679
Data Dissemination Techniques in Mobile Computing Environment
Authors(2) :-R. Kavitha, S. Krishna Mohan Rao
Generally, data is broadcasted through high downlink channel capacity. The capacity of this channel is very large when compared to the uplink channel capacity. This method is best suited for mobile computing environment. Here the server continuously broadcast and the client listens and downloads the required data. In this scenario, when the client requests the required data, it should be able to access within a minimum time. So, the primary goal of mobile computing is to achieve minimum access time. This paper discusses various research concepts where the readers can proceed with the research work.
R. Kavitha, S. Krishna Mohan Rao
Access Time, Broadcast Schedule, Push, Pulls, Hybrid, Cache Management, Multi Channel, Client's Impatience, Multi Server
- Acharya, R. Alonso, M. Franklin, and S. Zdonik. Broadcast disks: Data management for asymmetric communications environments. In Proceedings of ACM SIGMOD Conference on Management of Data, pages 199–210, San Jose,CA, USA, May 1995
- Aksoy and M. Franklin. R x W: A scheduling approach for large scale on demand data broadcast.IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 7(6):846–860, December 1999.
- Acharya and S. Muthukrishnan. Scheduling on demand broadcasts: New metrics and algorithms. October 1998.
- Kenyon, N. Schanbanel and N. Young, \Polynomial-Time Approximation Scheme for Data Broadacst", Proc. of ACM Symp. on Theory of Computing (STOC), 2000.
- Hameed and N. H. Vaidya. Efficient algorithms for scheduling data broadcast. ACM/Baltzer Journal of Wireless Networks (WINET), 5(3):183–193, 1999
- Hameed and N. H. Vaidya. Efficient algorithms for scheduling data broadcast In Wireless Networks, Vol. 5, pages 183-193, 1999.
- Vaidya and S. Hameed. Log time algorithms for scheduling single and multiple channel data broadcast. Proc. Third ACM-IEEE Conf.on Mobile Computing and Networking (MOBICOM), pp. 90-99, September 1997
- Bar-Noy and Y. Shilo, Optimal Broadcasting for Two Files over an Asymmetric Channel", Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol. 60, no. 4, pp. 474-493, 2000.
- Jiang and N. H. Vaidya, \Scheduling Data Broadcast to \Impatient" Users, ACM Intl. Workshop on Mobile Data Engineering, 1999.
- Saxena, k.Basu, S.K.Das , A Dynamic Hybrid Scheduling Algorithm with Clients' Departure for Impatient Clients in Heterogeneous Environments, IPDPS '05 Proceedings of the 19th IEEE International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS'05) - Workshop 12 - Volume 13
- Q L Hue, D L Lee and W C Lee. Performance evaluation of a wireless hierarchial data dissemination system. Proceedings of the 5th Annual ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom’99), pages 163-173, Seatle, WA,USA, August 1999.
- C J Su, L. Tassiulas and V J Tsotras. Broadcast scheduling for information distribution. ACM/Baltzer Journal of Wireless Networks (WINET), 5(2):137-147, 1999
- D. Dykeman, M. Ammar, and J. W. Wong. Scheduling algorithms for videotext systems under broadcast delivery. In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC’86), pages 1847–1851, Toronto, Canada, June 1986.
- W. Wong. Broadcast delivery. Proceedings of the IEEE, 76(12):1566–1577, December 1988
- W.Wong and H. D. Dykeman. Architecture and performance of large scale information delivery networks. In Proceedings of the 12th International Teletraffic Congress, pages 440–446, Torino, Italy, June 1988.
- Acharya, M. Franklin, and S. Zdonik. Balancing push and pull for data broadcast. In Proceedings of ACM SIGMOD Conference on Management of Data, pages 183–194, Tucson, AZ, USA, May 1997.
- W. Lin and D. L. Lee. Adaptive data delivery in wireless communication environments. In Proceedings of the 20th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS’2000), pages 444–452, Taipei, Taiwan, April 2000.
- Stathatos, N. Roussopoulos, and J. S. Baras. Adaptive data broadcast in hybrid networks. In Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB’97), pages 326–335, Athens, Greece, August 1997.
- Ezeliora Chukwuemeka Daniel, Ogunoh Arinze Victor; Umeh Maryrose Ngozi, Mbeledeogu Njide N ,Analysis Of Queuing System Using Single-Line Multiple Servers System, International Journal Of Scientific & Technology Research Volume 3, Issue 3, March 2014 Issn 2277-8616
- Karl Aberer, Data Broadcasting in Mobile Networks,EPFL-SSC, laboratore de systemes d’informations repartis, pages 1-38, 2004
- Acharya, M. Franklin, and S. Zdonik. Prefetching from a broadcast disk. In Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on DataEngineering (ICDE’96), pages 276–285, New Orleans, LA, USA, February 1996
- Barbara and T. Imielinski. Sleepers and workaholics: Caching strategies for mobile environments. In Proceedings of ACM SIGMOD Conference on Management of Data, pages 1–12, Minneapolis, MN, USA, May 1994
- K. Zipf. Human Behaviour and the Principle of Least Effort. Addison Wesley, MA, USA, 1949
- K Prabhakara, K A Hua,and J Oh. Multi-level multi channel air cache designs for broadcasting in a mobile environment. Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering, 2000.
- Saxena, K. Basu, S. K. Das and M. C. Pinotti, A New Hybrid Scheduling Framework for Asymmetric Wireless Environments with Request Repetition", To Appear in 3rd IEEE Intl. Symposium on Modeling and Optimization in Mobile, Ad Hoc, and Wireless Networks (WiOpt), 2005.
- Saxena and M. C. Pinotti, \On-line Balanced K-Channel Data Allocation with Hybrid Schedule per Channel", Under Review in IEEEIntl. Conf. in Mobile Data Management (MDM), 2005.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 6
| November-December 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-12-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 401-406
Manuscript Number : IJSRST162679
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
R. Kavitha, S. Krishna Mohan Rao, "Data Dissemination Techniques in Mobile Computing Environment", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 6
, pp.401-406, November-December-2016.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST162679