Home > Archives > IJSRST16269
Query Optimization for Declarative Crowdsourcing System
Authors(2) :-Nilesh. N. Thorat, A. B. Rajmane
Crowdsourcing is a distributed problem-solving, production model that has emerged in recent years. crowd sourcing is designed to hide the complexities as well as relieve the user from burden of dealing with the crowd data.. The user is requested to pass sql queries to the crowd system to generate the execution plan. Passed query is executed based on the alternative execution query plans in crowd sourcing. Here, CROWDOP a cost-based query optimization approach for declarative crowd sourcing systems is implemented. This considers both cost and latency in query optimization and provides balance between both of them. For this CrowdOp utilizes three types of queries: join queries, selection queries, and complex selection-join queries. At the end results are compared and evaluated.
Nilesh. N. Thorat, A. B. Rajmane
Crowdsourcing, query optimization, human intelligence tasks (HIT).
- B. Davidson, S. Khanna, T. Milo, and S. Roy, "Using the crowd for top-k and group-by queries," in Proc. 16th Int. Conf. Database Theory, 2013, pp. 225–236.
- Fan, M. Lu, B. C. Ooi, W.-C. Tan, and M. Zhang, "A hybrid machine-crowdsourcing system for matching web tables," in Proc. IEEE 30th Int. Conf. Data Eng., 2014, pp. 976–987.
- J. Franklin, D. Kossmann, T. Kraska, S. Ramesh, and R. Xin, "CrowdDB: Answering queries with crowdsourcing," in Proc.ACM SIGMOD Int. Conf. Manage. Data, 2011, pp. 61–72.
- -J. Ho, S. Jabbari, and J. W. Vaughan, "Adaptive task assignment for crowdsourced classification," in Proc. 30th Int. Conf. Mach. Language, 2013, vol. 1, pp. 534–542.
- Park and J. Widom, "Query optimization over crowdsourced data," Proc. VLDB Endowment, vol. 6, no. 10, pp. 781–792, 2013.
- D. Sharma, A. Parameswaran, H. Garcia-Molina, and A. Halevy, "Crowd-powered find algorithms," in Proc. IEEE 30th Int. Conf. Dta Eng., 2014, pp. 964–975.
- G. Parameswaran, H. Park, H. Garcia-Molina, N. Polyzotis, J.Widom. Deco: declarative crowdsourcing. In CIKM, pages 1203–1212, 2012.
- G. Parameswaran, H. Garcia-Molina, H. Park, N. Polyzotis,A. Ramesh, and J. Widom. Crowdscreen: algorithms for filtering data with humans. In SIGMOD Conference, pages 361–372, 2012.
- D. Sharma, A. Parameswaran, H. Garcia-Molina, and A. Halevy.Crowd-powered find algorithms. In ICDE Conference, 2014.
- Marcus, E. Wu, D. R. Karger, S. Madden, and R. C. Miller.Human-powered sorts and joins. PVLDB, 5(1):13–24, 2011.
Published in : Volume 2 | Issue 6
| November-December 2016
Date of Publication : 2016-12-30
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 25-30
Manuscript Number : IJSRST16269
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Nilesh. N. Thorat, A. B. Rajmane, "Query Optimization for Declarative Crowdsourcing System", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 2, Issue 6
, pp.25-30, November-December-2016
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST16269