Home > Archives > IJSRST1731005
Physico-Chemical Characteristics of soil in Sangmner Area of Irrigated Region
Authors(1) :-Sangita Dandwate
A physico-chemical monitoring of major rivers in Sangamner area was done during the month of June and July 2015. Sangamner area distribute into two regions Pravara basin and Mula basin. For this fifteen soil sampling points were selected from Sangamner irrigated area (Pravara basin).The analysis was carried out for the parameters namely pH, acidity, alkalinity, calcium carbonate, organic carbon, available nitrogen, phosphorous, potash. Due to increasing demand for cash crops the practice of monoculture cropping pattern have further helped to deteriorate water as well as soil quality. Continuous use of chemical fertilizers slowly changed soil properties ultimately the production in long run is reduced. It has resulted in leaching of chemical into the surface and ground water. Therefore, it is essential to evolve and adopt a strategy of integrated nutrient supply by using a combination of chemical fertilizers, organic manures and biofertilizers.
Soil Physico -Chemical Properties
- Bharambe,P.R. and Ghonsilkar, C.P. 1985. Physico ?chemical characteristics??? of soils in Jayakwadi Command.J.Maharashtr agric.univ.10:247-249.
- Bhattacharya, P.and ghose, G.2001.Phosphorous use efficiency in brinjal with FYM and Sulpher.J. Indian Soc.Soils Sci. 49(3):456-462.
- Biswas, B.C., Yadav, D.S. and Maheshwari, S. 1985. Role of calcium and magnisium in Indian agriculture.? A Rev., ferti. News, 30: 15-35.
- Brar, B. S. and Bajwar, M. S.1996. Soil sodification as influenced by salinity and various ratios of bicarbonate to calcium and magnesium in irrigation water.? J. Indian Soc. Soil Sci. 44(2): 353-356.
- Challa, O.B., Bhaskar, P., Anantwar, S.G. and Gaikwad, M.S. 2000. Characterization and classification of some problematic vertisols in semi-arid ecosystem of Maharashtra plateau. J.Indian Soc. Soil Sci.? 48 (1):? 139-145.
- Chopra, S.L. and Kanwar, J.S. 1991. Analytical agricultural Chemistry. Kalyani publi; New Delhi, Ludhiana?
- Dahama, A.K. 2002. Organic farming, an overview for sustainable agriculture. Second Enlarged Edition. Agrobios (India) Jodhpur.
- Daji,J.A.1998.A textbook of soil Science. Media promoters and public. Bombay.pp1-365
- Gaikwad, R.M. and Wani, P.V. 2001. Response of Brinjal (Cv Krishna) to phosphate solubilizing biofertilizers.j. Maharashtra agric.Uni 26(1):29-32
- Kanwar, J.S.1997.J,Indian Soc.Soil Sci 45:417-428
- Kaushik,B.D.1996. Consoildated Report,Mission Mode Project on technology??? Development and Demonstration of Algal Biofertilizer, IARI,New Delhi,India.
- Sat? Pal and Saimbhi , M.S. 2003. Effect of varying levels of nitrogen and phosphorous on earliness and yield of brinjal hybrids (Solanum melongena L.). Res .on crops.4 (2):217-
- Singh, R. N. 1961. The role of blue green algae in nitrogen economy of Indian Agriculture. I. C. A. R., New Delhi, (India), pp.? 175.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 10 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 17-19
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1731005
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Sangita Dandwate , "Physico-Chemical Characteristics of soil in Sangmner Area of Irrigated Region", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 10, pp.17-19, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1731005