Home > Archives > IJSRST1731006
A Review on some Thiazole Containing Heterocyclic Compounds and their Biological Activity
Authors(2) :-R. B. Toche, Sanjay U. Deshmukh
Heterocyclic compounds are very important due to their versatile industrial application. there are number of heterocyclic compounds use as medicine in different therapeutic targets. Thiazole is one of the important pharmacophore in drug discovery and development process. there are number of medicine and biologically active molecules those are thiazole substituted heterocyclic compounds covering wide range of therapeutics targets including Anti-Microbial, Anti- cancer, Anti-Imflametry , anti-HIV etc. This reviews collectively get idea about thiazole containing medicines and biological active compounds in recent medicinal chemistry research.
R. B. Toche, Sanjay U. Deshmukh
Thiazole, Heterocyclic, Biological Activity.
- Jason B .Cross? Discovery of Pyrazolopyridones as novel class of Gyrase-B inhibitors using structure guided design. ACS, Medicinal Chemistry letters 2016, 7, 374-378
- Steven M.Ronnkin, discovery of pyrazole thiazoles as novel and potent inhibitors for bacterial Gyrase. Bioorganic Medicinal chemistry letters,2010, 20, 2828-2831.
- Samir Bondock, synthesis of some new2-(3-pyridyl)-4,5-disubstituted thiazoles as potent antimicrobial agent. European Journal of Medicinal chemistry. Jan-2013.
- Cristina Nastasa. New Hydrazones bearing thiazole scaffold: synthesis characterization , Antimicrobial and Antioxidant investigation. Molecules, 2015, 20, 17325-17338.
- N. C. Desai. Synthesis antimicrobial and cytotoxic? activity of some novel thiazole clubbed 1,3,4-oxadizoles. European Journal of Medicinal chemistry. 2013, 67, 54-59.
- B. Karale. Syntesis and Biological Screening of novel thiazolyl triazoles and thiadizoles.? Indian Journal of Chemistry 53B, 2014, 339-344.
- K Liaras. Thiazole based chalcones as potential antimicrobial agent, synthesis and biological evaluation.? Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry 2011,? 19,? 3135-3140.
- Pandeya S N. Synthesis, antibacterial, antifungal and anti-HIV activities of Schiff and Mannich bases derived from isatin derivatives and N-[4-(4'-chlorophenyl) thiazol- 2-yl] thiosemicarbazide. European? Journal of? Pharmasutical? Sci. 1999,? 9, 25-31.
- Dundar O. B. Ozgen O, Mentese A, Altanlar N, Ath O, Kendj E, Ertan R. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some new thiazolyl thiazolidine-2,4- dione derivatives. Bioorganic and Medicinal? Chemistry. 2007,? 15, 6012-6017.
- Cukurovali A, Yilmaz I, Gur S, Kazaz C. Synthesis antibacterial and antifungal activity of some new thiazolylhydrazone derivatives containing 3-substituted cyclobutane ring. European? Journal of? Medicinal? Chemistry. 2006,? 41, 201-207.
- Zitouni GT, Kaplanc?kl? ZA, Y?ld?z MT, Chevallet P, Kaya D. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of 4-phenyl/cyclohexyl-5-(1- phenoxyethyl)-3-[N-(2-thiazolyl)acetamido]thio-4H-1,2,4-triazole derivatives. European? Journal of? Medicinal? Chemistry. 2005,? 40, 607?613.
- Abdel-Wahab BF, Abdel-Aziz HA, Ahmed EM. Synthesis and antimicrobial evaluation of 1-(benzofuran-2-yl)-4-nitro-3- arylbutan-1-ones and 3-(benzofuran-2-yl)-4,5-dihydro-5-aryl-1-[4- (aryl)-1,3-thiazol-2-yl]-1H-pyrazoles. European? Journal of? Medicinal? Chemistry. 2009,? 44, 2632-2635.
- Karegoudar P, Karthikeyan MS, Prasad DJ, Mahalinga M, Holla BS, Kumari NS. Synthesis of some novel 2,4-disubstituted thiazoles as possible antimicrobial agents. European? Journal of? Medicinal? Chemistry. 2008,? 43, 261- 267.
- Shiradkar M R, Murahari KK, Gangadasu HR, Suresh T, Kalyan CA, Panchal D, Kaur R, Burange P, Ghogare J, Mokale V, Raut M. Synthesis of new S-derivatives of clubbed triazole as anti Mycobacterium tuberculosis agents. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry. 2007, 15, 3997-4008..
- Xin Z, Yang-fang Z, Jia W, Wei J, Liang H, Ping G. Synthesis and antibacterial activity of novel oxazolidinone analogues containing substituted thiazole/fused bicyclic groups. Chem Res Chinese U. 2006,? 22, 459-464.
- Vicini P, Geronikaki A, Anastasia K, Incerti M, Zani F. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of novel 2-thiazolyl imino-5-arylidene-4- thiazolidinones. Bioorganic and? Medicinal Chemistry. 2006, 14, 3859-3864.
- Narayana B, Vijaya Raj KK, Ashalatha BV, Kumari NS, Sarojini BK. Synthesis of some new 5-(2-substituted-1,3-thiazol-5-yl)-2- hydroxy benzamides and their 2-alkoxy derivatives as possible antifungal agents. . European? Journal of? Medicinal? Chemistry. 2004, 39, 867?872.
- Chimenti F, Bizzarri B, Maccioni E, Secci D, Bolasco A, Fioravanti R, Chimenti P, Granese A, Carradori S, Rivanera D, Lilli D, Zicari A, Distinto S. Synthesis and in vitro activity of 2- thiazolylhydrazone derivatives compared with the activity of clotrimazole against clinical isolates of Candida spp. Bioorganic Medicinal chemistry letters 2007, 17, 4635?4640.
- Vicini P, Geronikaki A, Anastasia K, Incerti M, Zani F. Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of novel 2-thiazolyl imino-5-arylidene-4- thiazolidinones. Bioorganic Medicinal chemistr 2006, 14, 3859-3864.
- Hao Shao. Substituted 4-(thiazol-5-yl)-2-(phyenylamino)pyrimidines are highly active CDK9 inhibitors: synthesis, X-ray crystal Structures, Strucure-Activity Relationship, and Anticancer activity. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2013, 56, 640-659.
- Ramla MM, Omar MA, El-Khamry AMM, El-Diwan HI. Synthesis and Antitumor Activity of 1-Substituted-2-methyl-5- nitrobenzimidazoles. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry. 2006, 14, 7324-7332.
- Popsavin M, Spaic S, Svircev M, Kojic V, Bogdanovic G, Popsavin V. Synthesis and Antitubercular Activity of New Tiazofurin Analogues Bearing a 2, 3-Anhydrofunctionality in the Furanose Ring. Bioorganic Medicinal chemistry letters. 2007, 17, 4123-4127
- Gulsory E, Guzeldemirci NU. Synthesis and primary cytotoxicity evaluation of new imidazo [2,1-b] thiazole derivatives. European? Journal of? Medicinal? Chemistry. 2007,? 42, 320-326.
- Mark Cushman. Design Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of thiazole targating Flavivirus Envelope protin. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. 2011, 54, 1704-1714.
- Rawal. R.K.. Design and synthesis of 2-(2,6-dibromophenyl)-3-heteroaryl-1as anti-HIV agent. European? Journal of? Medicinal? Chemistry. 2008, 43,2800-2806
- Kumar A, Rajput CS, Bhati SK. Synthesis of 3-[4'-(p-chlorophenyl) thiazol-2'-yl]-2-[(substituted azetidinone/thiazolidinone)- aminomethyl]-6-bromoquinazolin-4-ones. Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry. 2007, 15, 3089-3096.
- Holla BS, Malini KV, Rao BS, Sarojini BK, Kumari NS. Synthesis of some new 2, 4- disubstituted thiazoles as possible antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent. European? Journal of? Medicinal? Chemistry. 2003, 38, 313-318.
- Kalkhambkar RG, Kulkarni GM, Shivkumar H, Rao NR. Synthesis of novel triheterocyclic thiazoles as anti-inflammatory and analgesic agents. European? Journal of? Medicinal? Chemistry. 2007, 42,1272-1276.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 10 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 20-25
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1731006
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
R. B. Toche, Sanjay U. Deshmukh, "A Review on some Thiazole Containing Heterocyclic Compounds and their Biological Activity", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 10, pp.20-25, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1731006