Home > Archives > IJSRST1731009
A Scope of Using Carbon Nanobeads Prepared from Castor Seeds as Biosensors
Authors(3) :-Swapna Gijare, Suma Jebin, Umesh Mhapankar
This paper presents the possibility of development of biosensors from Carbon Nano beads (CNBs) prepared from castor seeds as a precursor by CVD method. The semiconducting nature of prepared nanobeads is confirmed by photoluminescence (PL) technique. The required study for determining the hormone content of the urine sample in the presence of CNBs as a sensing material has been carried out using a capacitance and resistor circuit. The variations found in the voltage across the capacitor give the scope for developing the biosensors from CNBs. This can be further calibrated and modified to measure the percentage of concentration of hormones by a non-invasive and simple method.
Swapna Gijare, Suma Jebin, Umesh Mhapankar
Carbon Nano beads, photoluminescence technique, band gap, Biosensors.
- Kumar M et al.in “Nano forms of Carbon and its application” Ed. by Maheshwar Sharon &Madhuri Sharon. Monad Nanotech Publisher, Mumbai, India, 2007
- Sharon Maheshwar&Madhuri Sharon.? Carbon Nanoforms ?Application.McGraw Hill, USA, 2010.
- Chales P Poole Jr., Frank J. Owens, Introduction to Nanotechnology, Willey India Edition (2012).DOI: 10.5339/connect.2013.45 (published online on 08 Dec 2013
- Swapna Gijare et al, Advanced science letters vol.22.,No.4,(April 2016),pp.715-1092)
- Ruquan Ye Andrew R.Barron, Photoluminescence and applications.
- Mohammed Al Araimi et.al,’A dioxoborine cyanine dye as a photoluminescence for sensing carbon nanotubes’,Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology,pp1991-1999.
- B.Hatting, Photoliminescence of single walled carbon nano tubes,(2009).
- Achintya N Bezbaruah and Harjyotikalita Chapter 3. Sensors and Biosensors for endocrine disrupting chemicals: state-of-the-art and future trends.
- M.A.Lopez-Gordo et al, Dry EEG Electrodes, sensors2014,ISSN 1424-8220, pp:12847-12870.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 10 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 33-38
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1731009
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Swapna Gijare, Suma Jebin, Umesh Mhapankar, "A Scope of Using Carbon Nanobeads Prepared from Castor Seeds as Biosensors ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 10, pp.33-38 , November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1731009