Home > Archives > IJSRST1731010
A Simple Procedure for the One Pot Synthesis of Ascorbic Acid As Efficiency And Recyclable Media
Authors(5) :-Vishal Gholap, Vijay Talekar, Mangesh Gholap, Anil Kanawade, Pradip Phapale
A method for producing L-ascorbic acid which compromise forming substantially anhydrous slurry of 2-keto-l-gulonic acid, and reacting said slurry with a substantially hydrous acid catalyst to convert said 2-keto-l-gulonic acid to l-ascorbic acid. L-ascorbic acid is produced in a high yield and no efficiency by converting 2-keto-l-gulonic acid to L-ascorbic acid by acid catalyst as anhydrous condition.
Vishal Gholap, Vijay Talekar, Mangesh Gholap, Anil Kanawade, Pradip Phapale
L-Ascorbic Acid, HCl, Isopropanol
- Safety (MSDS) data for ascorbic acid https://web.archive.org/web/20070209221915/http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/MSD S/AS/ascorbic_acid.html). Oxford University
- Lachapelle, M. Y.; Drouin, G. (2010). "Inactivation dates of the human and guinea pig vitamin C genesG". enetica.139 (2): 199?207. doi:10.1007/s10709-010-9537-x (https://doi.org/10.1007%2Fs10709-010-9537-x.)PMID 21140195 (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21140195).
- Story of Vitamin C's chemical discovery (https://profiles.nlm.nih.gov/WG/Views/Exhibit/narrative/szeged.html).Profiles.nlm.nih.gov. Retrieved on 2012-12-04. The outdated, but historically important industrial synthesis of ascorbic acid from glucose via the Reichstein process.
- Davies, Michael B.; Austin, John; Partridge, David A. (1991)V. itamin C: Its Chemistry and Biochemistry. The Royal
- Society of Chemistry. p. 48. ISBN 0-85186-333-7. Svirbelf, Joseph Louis; Szent-Gy?rgyi, Albert (April 25, 1932), The Chemical Nature Of Vitamin C (https://profiles.nl m.nih.gov/WG/B/B/G/W/_/wgbbgw.pdf) (PDF). Part of the National Library of Medicine collection. Accessed January 2007
- Jacobs, Carmel; Hutton, Brian; Ng, Terry; Shorr, Risa; Clemons, Mark (2015). "Is There a Role for Oral or Intravenous Ascorbate (Vitamin C) in Treating Patients With Cancer? A Systematic Review" (http://theoncologist.alp hamedpress.org/content/20/2/210). The Oncologist. 20 (2): 210?223. doi:10.1634/theoncologist.2014-0381 (https://d oi.org/10.1634%2Ftheoncologist.2014-0381.) PMC 4319640 (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4319640) . PMID 25601965 (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25601965). "Conclusion. There is no high-quality evidence to suggest that ascorbate supplementation in cancer patients either enhances the antitumorf ecf ts of chemotherapy or reduces its toxicity."
- "Vitamin C Fact Sheet for Health Professionals" (http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/VitaminC-HealthProfessional/). National Institutes of Health. Retrieved 2 June 2015. ""At this time, the evidence is inconsistent on whether dietary vitamin C intake affects cancer risk. Results from most clinical trials suggest that modest vitamin C supplementation alone or with other nutrients offers no benefit in the prevention of cancer... Some researchers support reassessment of the use of high-dose IV vitamin C as a drug to treat cance..r. It is uncertain whether supplemental vitamin C and other antioxidants might interact with chemotherapy and/or radiation" .
- R, Caspi (Aug 19, 2009)," MetaCyc Compound: monodehydroascorbate radica l"(http://www.biocyc.org/META/NEW-I MAGE?type=COMPOUND&object=CPD-318,) MetaCyc, retrieved 2014-12-08
- Weiss, Rick (May 20, 2007), "Tainted Chinese Imports Common" (https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/a rticle/2007/05/19/AR2007051901273.html,) Washington Post, retrieved 2010-04-25
- UK Food Standards Agency:" Current EU approved additives and their E Numbers "(http://www.food.gov.uk/safereati ng/chemsafe/additivesbranch/enumberlist.) Retrieved 2011-10-27.
- US Food and Drug Administration: "Listing of Food Additives Status Part I" (https://web.archive.org/web/2012011706 0614/http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodIngredientsPackaging/FoodAdditives/FoodAdditiveListings/ucm091048.htm. ) Archived from the original (http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodIngredientsPackaging/FoodAdditives/FoodAdditiveListings/ ucm091048.htm) on 2012-01-17. Retrieved 2011-10-27.
- Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code"Standard 1.2.4-Labelling of ingredients" (http://www.comlaw
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 10 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 39-42
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1731010
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Vishal Gholap, Vijay Talekar, Mangesh Gholap, Anil Kanawade, Pradip Phapale, "A Simple Procedure for the One Pot Synthesis of Ascorbic Acid As Efficiency And Recyclable Media", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 10, pp.39-42, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1731010