Home > Archives > IJSRST1731013
Simultaneous Determination of Paracetamol and Mefenamic acid in Tablet Dosage Form by High Performance Thin-Layer Chromatography
Authors(1) :-Dr. Madhukar A. Badgujar
A normal-phase simple, rapid and precise high-performance thin-layer chromatographic (HPTLC) method has been developed for simultaneous quantitative determination of Paracetamol and Mefenamic acid in a pharmaceutical formulation. The analysis was performed on silica gel 60F254 on aluminum plates with Acetonitrile-Toluene 7 : 3 (v/v), as mobile phase. Detection and quantitation were performed densitometrically at ? = 275 nm.. The developed method was validated for linearity, accuracy, precision and robustness parameters. Responses of Paracetamol standard and Mefenamic acid standard were linear functions of concentration in the ranges 36-180 µg/mL and 40-200 µg/mL, respectively.. The correlation coefficient of Paracetamol and Mefenamic acid were observed 0.9997 and 0.9992 respectively. Accuracy was checked by conducting recovery studies; average recovery from the pharmaceutical preparation was 99.88 ± 1.25% for Paracetamol and 99.92± 1.62% for Mefenamic acid. The Proposed HPTLC method has potential applications for simultaneous determination of Paracetamol and Mefenamic acid in combined tablet dosage form.
Paracetamol, Mefenamic acid, HPTLC
- The United states of pharmacopeia NF 32
- Rele R. V. Mali R.N.? Sawant S.A. Analytical Chemistry: An Indian Journal.? 2009, 8(2), 161-164
- Badgujar M.A, Mangaonkar? K.V.? RJPBCS,? 2014, 5(4),? 110-117
- Badgujar M.A; Mangaonkar KV, J.Chem.Pharm.Res,? 2011, 3(4), 893-898
- Godse V.P.; Deodhar M.N,? Bhosale A.V.? Sonawane R.A.; Sakpal P.S.; Borkar D.D.; Bafana Y.S. ; Assian Journal of Research in Chemistry.2009, 2(1) ,37- 40
- Dongre Vaijanath G.? Shah Sweta B, Bayes Gunaji S.; Phadke Manisha; Jadhav Vivek K. Chromatograpraphia, 2009, 69(9 -10), 1019- 1023
- Vaidya, V. V.; Singh, G. R. Choukekar, M. P. Kekare, M. B.E-Journal of Chemistry. 2010, 7(1), 260-264.
- Vidya V. DIghe, Ramesh T. Sane, Shashikumar N. Menon, Harsha N. Tambe JPC ? Journal of planar chromatography ? Modern TLC 2004, 17(5), 383-387
- Vidya V. Dighe,; Ramesh T. Sane, ;Shashikumar N. Menon,; Harsha N. Tambe,; Sreedevi Pillai1,;? Vijay N. Gokarn JPC - Journal of Planar Chromatography - Modern TLC.; 2006, 19(112), 443-448,
- Harikrishan N., Gunssekaran V., Sathishbabu A., Rao G. Srinivasa, Roosewelt C. Assian Journal of Chemistry. 2007, 19(5), 3918 ? 3922
- Gandhi S.V, ;Barhate N.S,; Patel B.R, ;Panchal D.D and Bothara K.G, Acta Chromatogr., 2008, 20, 175 ? 182.
- Yadav, Alok; Singh, Raman M.; Mathur, Satish C.; Saini, Pawan K.; Singh, Gyanendra N.Journal of Planar Chromatography-Modern TLC. 2009, 22(6), 421-424.
- Bhalerao, Santosh; Tambe, Santosh; Pareek, Vikas; Shinde, Rupali; Gupta, Lalit Kumar.? Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2010, 3(1), 25-30.
- Sethi P D, High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography, Quantitative Analysis of Pharmaceutical Formulations, 2nd Ed., CBS Publishers and distributors, New Delhi, India, 1996.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 10 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 50-55
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1731013
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dr. Madhukar A. Badgujar, "Simultaneous Determination of Paracetamol and Mefenamic acid in Tablet Dosage Form by High Performance Thin-Layer Chromatography", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 10, pp.50-55, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1731013