Home > Archives > IJSRST1731015
Green Chemistry - New Approach in Drug Synthesis
Authors(3) :-Patil Tejaswini D, Harak Shilpa S., Dr. Amrutkar Sunil V.
Green Chemistry approach is need of the hour in the field of chemistry. Considering the damage to environment, all Pharmaceutical and chemical industry develop interest in new synthetic processes using green chemistry. Most of the drugs are designed, developed and synthesized using various approaches of green chemistry. Microwave assisted synthesis, sonochemistry, solvent free reactions, reuse of catalyst are various approaches of green chemistry used in drug and chemical synthesis. These approaches will be promising in obtaining drug with good yield, less toxic to environment and cost effective.
Patil Tejaswini D, Harak Shilpa S., Dr. Amrutkar Sunil V.
Green Chemistry, Microwave Assisted Synthesis, Solvent Free Reaction, Sonochemistry
- Rajiv Dua,et al, 'Green Chemistry and Environmentally Friendly Technologies: A Review', Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research, 11 (7), 2012, 846-855.
- Smita Talaviya and Falguni Majmudar, 'Green chemistry: A tool in Pharmaceutical Chemistry', NHL Journal of Medical Sciences, 1 (1), 2012, 1-13.
- Ajay K. Bose, 'A simplified green chemistry approach to the Biginelli reaction using Grindstone Chemistry', Tetrahedron Letters, 45, 2004, 8351?8353.
- Santosh V. Padghan et al, 'The Use of Green Chemistry Approach in Organic Synthesis: Focus and Review', www.epitomejournals.com,? I(VII), 2015, 1-9.
- Vivek Sharma, 'Applicability of Green Chemistry in Pharmaceutical Processes', Pharma Bio World (Features), 2015, 34-36.
- Gopalpur Nagendrappa, 'Organic Synthesis under Solvent-free Condition. An Environmentally Benign Procedure ? I', Resonance, 2002, 59-68.
- M. Himaja et al 'Green Technique- solvent free synthesis and its advantages', International journal of research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy, 2(4), 2011, 1079-1086.
- Monu Bhardwaj and Neelam, 'The Advantages and Disadvantages of Green Technology', Journal of Basic and Applied Engineering Research, 2(22), 2015, 1957-1960.
- Veena Yadav, Nishant Yadav, 'Microwave assisted green chemistry approach to the synthesis of some novel N1-amino-methyl-substituted 1,4-Benzodiazepine derivatives', Archives of Applied Science Research,? 3 (1), 2011, 139-144.
- Sonali R. Sharma, 'Green Chemistry, Green Solvents and Alternative Techniques in Organic Synthesis', International Journal of Chemical and Physical Sciences, 4, 2015, 516-520.
- W. Wardencki, 'Green Chemistry- Current and Future Issues', Polish Journal of Environmental Studies, 14 (4), 2005, 389-395.
- Savita Belwal, 'Green revolution in chemistry by microwave assisted synthesis: A review', Modern Chemistry, 1(3), 2013, 22-25.
- Draths CM, Frost JW. 'Microbial catalysis. Synthesis of adipic acid from D-glucose', ACS Symposium Series, 577, Chapter 3, 1994, 32-45.
- Anastas PT, Lauren BB, Mary MK, Tracy CW., 'The Role of Catalysis in the design, development, and implementation of Green Chemistry' Catalysis Today,? 55(1), 2000, 11-22
- Ingrid M, David S, Marilyn G, Joaudimir C and Johanna F., 'A Greener Approach to Aspirin Synthesis using Microwave Irradiation',? J Chem Edu, 83(4),? 2006,? 628
- Steven KM, John G, Chris D, Lisa N, David G, Alica W et al., 'A green-by-design biocatalytic process for atorvastatin intermediate', Green Chem, 12, 2010, 81-86
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 10 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 63-67
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1731015
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Patil Tejaswini D, Harak Shilpa S., Dr. Amrutkar Sunil V., "Green Chemistry - New Approach in Drug Synthesis", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 10, pp.63-67, November-December-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1731015