Home > Archives > IJSRST1731019
Preparation of Various Derivatives of Dibenzalpropanone by using Lithum Hydroxide as Green Approach
Authors(12) :-Pankaj Naikwadi, Dr. S. B. Takate, S. K. Malujkar, Sandesh Kasar, Arun Wakchaure, N. D. Phatangare, Rupeshkumar Bhalerao, Rutuja K., Deshmukh, Asha B. Dhokare, Sonali Vaidya, Suvidha Papal
The α,β-unsaturated ketones known as benzalacetones are an interesting class of compounds frequently used as key intermediates in organic synthesis. Due to their conjugated system, benzalacetone and derivatives have been described as radical scavengers with potential antioxidant properties. We report here a simple and direct method to prepare functionalized α,β-unsaturated ketones via a microwaves activated Aldol Condensation reaction. The experimental protocol developed selectively produces benzalacetones of self-condensation product in very short reaction times and good yields.
Pankaj Naikwadi, Dr. S. B. Takate, S. K. Malujkar, Sandesh Kasar, Arun Wakchaure, N. D. Phatangare, Rupeshkumar Bhalerao, Rutuja K., Deshmukh, Asha B. Dhokare, Sonali Vaidya, Suvidha Papal
Benzalacetones, microwave, Aryl Aldehyde.
- Conard, C. R.; Dolliver, M. A. (1943). "Dibenzalacetone". Org. Synth.; Coll. Vol., 2, p. 167
- Rao, G. N.; Janardhana, C.; Ramanathan, V.; Rajesh, T.; Kumar, P. H. (November 2006). "Photochemical Dimerization of Dibenzylideneacetone. A Convenient Exercise in [2+2] Cycloaddition Using Chemical Ionization Mass Spectrometry". J. Chem. Educ. 83(11): 1667. doi:10.1021/ed083p1667.
- Narender, T.; Papi Reddy, K. A simple and highly efficient method for the synthesis of chalcones by using borontrifluoride-etherate. Tetrahedron Lett. 2007, 48, 3177?3180.
- Jayapal, M.R.; Prasad, K.S. and Sreedhar N.Y., Synthesis and characterization of 2,6-dihydroxy substituted chalcones using PEG-400 as a recyclable solvent. J. Pharm. Sci. Res. 2010, 2, 450-458.
- Drake N.L.; Allen P. Benzalacetone. J.Org. Synth. 1923, 3:17.
- Bogdal D.; Loupy A. Application of Microwave Irradiation to Phase-Transfer Catalyzed Reaction. Org. Process. Res. Dev. 2008, 12, 710?722.
- Ordomsky, V.V., Sushkevich, V.L. and Ivanova, I.I. Journal ofMolecular Catalyst A: Chemical, 2010,333.
- Kumar D.S.; Sandhu J.S. An efficient green protocol for the synthesis of chalcones by a Claisen ? Schmidt reaction using bismuth(III)chloride as a catalyst under solvent-free condition. Green Chem. Lett. Rev. 2010, 3, 283-286.
- Sashidhara K.V.; Rosaiah J.N.; Kumar A. Iodine catalyzed mild and efficient method for the synthesis of chalcones. Synth. Commun. 2009, 39, 2288?2296.
- Blois M.S. Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stable free radical. Nature. 1958, 181, 1199?1200.
- Rayar A.; Sylla-Iyarreta Veit?a M.; Ferroud, C. An efficient and selective microwave-assisted Claisen-Schmidt reaction for the synthesis of functionalized benzalacetones. Springer Plus 2015, 4, 221-226.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 10 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 84-86
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1731019
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Pankaj Naikwadi, Dr. S. B. Takate, S. K. Malujkar, Sandesh Kasar, Arun Wakchaure, N. D. Phatangare, Rupeshkumar Bhalerao, Rutuja K., Deshmukh, Asha B. Dhokare, Sonali Vaidya, Suvidha Papal, "Preparation of Various Derivatives of Dibenzalpropanone by using Lithum Hydroxide as Green Approach", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 10, pp.84-86, November-December-2017.
Journal URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1731019