Home > Archives > IJSRST1731024
Development and Validation of Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method on Core Shell Columnfor Determination of Degradation and Process Related Impurities of Macitentan- Anti-hypertension Drug
Authors(7) :-Shashikant B. Landge, Sanjay A. Jadhav, Sunil B. Dahale, Rajendra S. Shinde, Kunal M. Jagtap, Saroj R. Bembalkar, Vijayavitthal T. Mathad
A core shell chromatographic column was used to separate the nine process related and degradation related impurities(Imp-1 to Imp-9) of Macitentanis described in this article. The chromatographic separation was achieved on a Sigma-Aldrich’s ‘Ascentis Express ® C18 (4.6 mm x 100 mm, 2.7 µ)’ HPLC column with a runtime of 35 min. Forced degradation study was carried out under acidic, alkaline, oxidative, photolytic, and thermal degradation conditionsto demonstrate the stability-indicating nature of developed RP-HPLC method.The methodology consists of mobile phase-A as aphosphate buffer and mobile phase-B as a mixture of acetonitrile andmethanol. The column oven temperature was set at 45°C, injection thermostat was set at 5°C, and photodiode array detector (PDA) was set at 215 nm.Adeveloped method was validated as per ICH guideline and found rapid, specific,precise, sensitive,androbust. The proposed RP-HPLC method was successfully applied to the analysis of drug substance and drug product of Macitentan.
Shashikant B. Landge, Sanjay A. Jadhav, Sunil B. Dahale, Rajendra S. Shinde, Kunal M. Jagtap, Saroj R. Bembalkar, Vijayavitthal T. Mathad
Macitentan, Core-Shell HPLC Column, RSD and Validation, Stability Indicating.
- I.S. Hong, H.V. Coe, L.M. Catanzaro, "Macitentan for the Treatment of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension," The Annals of Pharmacotherapy, Vol.48,(2014). Pp-1-10.
- M. Iglarz, C. Qiu, W. Fischli, K. Morrison, C. Binkert, M. Clozel, P. Hess, B. Capeleto, S. Buchmann, C. Boss, M.H. Bolli, T.Weller, A.Treiber, J. Gatfield, "Pharmacology of Macitentan, an Orally Active Tissue-Targeting Dual Endothelin Receptor Antagonist," Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Vol.327(3), 2008, pp-736-745.
- Actelion receives US FDA approval of Opsumit (Macitentan) for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension. Actelion. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- L.Yu , Y. Zhou , X. He , H. Li , H. Chen, W. Li ,"Simultaneous Determination of Macitentan and Its Active Metabolite in Human Plasma by Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry," Journal of chromatography. B, Analytical technologies in the biomedical and life sciences, Vol.07 (53), 2015, pp-358-363.
- M. Purushothaman, R. Subramanian, "Bio analytical Method Validation for Determination of Macitentan in K2EDTA Human Plasma by LC-MS/MS," International Journal of ChemTech Research, Vol.10 (10), 2017, pp-752-761.
- A. Unnisa, S. Sadath Ali, S. Santosh Kumar, "Development and Validation of RP-HPLC-PDA Method for the Estimation of Macitentan in Bulk and Tablet Dosage Forms," Indo American Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Vol.04 (09), 2014, ISSN No. 2231-6876.
- M. Ahmed, B. M. Deepak, S. Shetty, I.J. Kuppast, S.M. Anilkumar, M.C. Ravi, "RP-HPLC method development and validation for estimation of Macitentan in tablet dosage form," World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Vol.04 (1), 2014, pp-881-887.
- D. Lakshmi, P. Hitesh Kumar, M. Praveen, S. Venkatesh, TVS. Prakash Reddy, G. Manish, J. Jayachandran, "Quality by Design Based HPLC Method Development of Macitentan and its Related Compounds in Bulk Drugs," Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Delivery Research, Vol.05 (6), 2016, doi: 10.4172/2325-9604.
- S. A.C. Wren, P. Tchelitcheff, "Use of ultra-performance liquid chromatography in pharmaceutical development",Journal of Chromatography A, Vol. 1119, 2006, pp-140-146.
- L. R. Snyder, J. J. Kirkland, and J. L. Glajch, "Practical HPLC Method Development", 2nd Edition, 1997.
- L. R. Snyder, J. J. Kirkland, and J. W. Dolan, "Introduction to Modern Liquid Chromatography," 1997.
- J. M. Cunliffe, T. D. Maloney, "Fused-core particle technology as an alternative to sub-2-micron particles to achieve high separation efficiency with low backpressure", Journal of Separation Science, Vol. 30(18), 2007, pp-3104-3109.
- V. F. Samanidou, "Core-shell particle technology in pharmaceutical analysis,"Pharmaceut Anal Acta, 4:e148. doi:10.4172/2153-2435.1000e148
- The United States Pharmacopeia, "Validation of Compendial Methods", USP38 NF-33, Chapter < 1225 >, Year2015.
- "Validation of Analytical Procedure: Text and Methodology", International conference on Harmonization (ICH), Q2 (R1) 2005.
- M. Bakshi and S. Singh, "Development of validated stability-indicating assay methods-critical review",Journal of pharmaceutical and biomedical analysis, Vol. 28, 2002, pp- 1011-1040.
- J. T. Carstensen and C. T. Rhodes, "Drug Stability Principles and Practices," 3rd Edition, Marcel Dekker, New York, 2000.
- J. Ruan, P. Tattersall, R. Lozano, and P. Shah, "The role of forced degradation studies in stability indicating HPLC method development", American Pharmaceutical Review, Vol. 9, No. 1, 2006, pp-46-53.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 10 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 105-117
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1731024
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Shashikant B. Landge, Sanjay A. Jadhav, Sunil B. Dahale, Rajendra S. Shinde, Kunal M. Jagtap, Saroj R. Bembalkar, Vijayavitthal T. Mathad, "Development and Validation of Stability Indicating RP-HPLC Method on Core Shell Columnfor Determination of Degradation and Process Related Impurities of Macitentan- Anti-hypertension Drug
", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 10, pp.105-117, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1731024