Home > Archives > IJSRST1731028
Green Synthesis of CuO Nanoparticles using Ziziphus Mauritiana L. Extract and Its Characterizations
Authors(5) :-Shreyas Pansambal, Sonali Gavande, Suresh Ghotekar, Rajeshwari Oza, Keshav Deshmukh
Copper oxide nanoparticles (CuONPs) synthesized by a completely environmentally safe and facile process using Ziziphus mauritiana L. aqueous plant extract as an effective stabilizing agent. Phytochemical screening of the fresh aqueous leaves extract showed the presence of coumarins, tannins, saponins, flavonoids, and glycosides. The synthesized CuO nanomaterial was characterized by XRD, SEM, EDX, TEM and surface area. This green synthesis route indicates that, it is efficient method than chemical method.
Shreyas Pansambal, Sonali Gavande, Suresh Ghotekar, Rajeshwari Oza, Keshav Deshmukh
Nanotechnology, Ziziphus mauritiana L., CuONPs, Phytochemical screening.
- Frietsch M, Zudock F, Goschnick J, Bruns M. CuO catalytic membrane as selectivity trimmer for metal oxide gas sensors. Sens. Actuators B. 2000; 65(1): 379-381.
- Gawande M B, Goswami A, Felpin F-X, Asefa T, Huang X, Silva R, Zou X, Zboril R, Varma R S. Cu and Cu-based nanoparticles: synthesis and application in catalysis. Chem. Rev. 2016; 116: 3722-3811.?
- Rehana D, Mahediran D, Senthil Kumar R, Kalilur Rahiman A. Evaluation of antioxidant and anticancer activity of copper oxide nanoparticles synthesized using medicinally important plant extracts. Biomed. & Pharmaco. 2017; 89: 1067-1077.
- Kessler M T, Robke S, Sahler S, Prechtl M H G. Ligand-Free copper (I) oxide nanoparticle-catalysed amination of aryl halides in ionic liquids. Catal. Sci. Technol. 2014; 4: 102?108.
- Wang H, Xu J Z , Zhu J J, Chen H Y. Preparation of CuO nanoparticles by microwave irradiation. J. Cryst. Growth. 2002; 244: 88-94.
- Kumar R V, Diamant Y, Gedanken A. Sonochemical synthesisand characterization of nanometer-size transition metal oxids from metal acetates. Chem. Mater. 2002; 12: 2301-2305.
- Borgohain k, Singh J B, Rama Rao M V, Shripathi T, Mahamuni S. Quantum size effects in CuO nanoparticles. Phys. Rev. 2000; 61: 11093-11096.
- Eliseev A A, Lukashin A V, Vertegel A A, Heifets L I, Zhirov A I, Tretyakov Y D. Complexes of Cu (II) with polyvinyl alcohol asprecursor for the preparation of CuO/SiO2 nanocomposites. Mater. Res. Innov. 2000; 3: 308-312.
- Salavati-Niasari M, Davar F. Synthesis of copper and copper (I) oxide nanoparticles by thermal decomposition of a new precursor. Mater. Lett. 2009; 63: 441?443.
- Savale A, Ghotekar S, Pansambal S, Pardeshi O. Green synthesis of fluorescent CdO nanoparticles using Leucaena leucocephala L. extract and their biological activities. J Bacteriol Mycol open acess. 2017; 5: 00148.
- Ghotekar S K, Pande S N, Pansambal S S, Sanap D S, Mahale K M, Sonawane B. Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles by using Annona reticulata L. And its characterization. Wor. Jou. Pha. & Pha. Sci. 2015; 11: 1304-1312.
- Pande S N, Bharati K T, Wakchure S K, Ghotekar S K, Gujrathi D B, Phatangare N D. Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles by carallua fimbriata L. and its characterization. Ind. Jou. App. Res. 2015; 5: 749-750.
- Lingaraju K, Raja Naika K, Manjunath K, Nagaraju G, Suresh D, Nahabhushna H. Rauvolfia serpentine-mediated green synthesis of CuO nanoparticles and its multidisciplinary studies. Acta Metall. Sin. 2015; 18: 1134-1140.
- Aher Y B, Jain G H, Patil G E, Savale A R, Ghotekar S K, Pore D M, Pansambal S S, Deshmukh K K. Biosynthesis of copper oxide nanoparticles using leaves extract of Leucaena leucocephala L. and their promising upshot against the selected human pathogen. Int. Jou. Mol. Clin. Micro. 2017; 7: 776-786.
- Sharma J, Akhtar J K, Ameen M S, Srivastava S, Singh P G. Green synthesis of CuO nanoparticles with leaf extract of Calotropis gigantea and its dye-sensitized solar cells applications. J. Alloys Compd. 2015; 632: 321.
- Gunalan S, Sivaraj R, Venckatesh R. Aloe barbadensis Miller mediated green synthesis of mono-disperse copper oxide nanoparticles: optical properties. Spectrochim. Acta A. 2012; 97: 1140.
- Sankar R, Manikandan P, Malarvizhi V, Fathima T, Shivashangari K S, Ravikumar V. Anticancer activity of Ficus religiosa engineered copper oxide nanoparticles. Spectrochim. Acta A. 2014; 121: 746.
- Jayakumarai G, Gokulpriya C, Sudhapriya R, Sharmila G, Muthukumaran C. Phytofabrication and characterization of monodisperse copper oxide nanoparticles using Albizia lebbeck leaf extract. Appl. Nanosci. 2015; 5: 1017-1021.
- Pansambal S, Deshmukh K, Savale A, Ghotekar S, Pardeshi O, Jain G, Aher Y, Pore D. Phytosynthesis and biological activities of fluorescent CuO nanoparticles using Acanthospermum hispidum L. extract. J. Nanostruct. 2017; 7: 165-174.
- Fransworth N R. Biological and phytochemical screening of plants. Jou. of Pharma. Sci. 1996; 55: 225-227.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 8 | November-December 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-12-31
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 1388-1392
Manuscript Number : IJSRST1731028
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Shreyas Pansambal, Sonali Gavande, Suresh Ghotekar, Rajeshwari Oza, Keshav Deshmukh, "Green Synthesis of CuO Nanoparticles using Ziziphus Mauritiana L. Extract and Its Characterizations", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 8, pp.1388-1392, November-December-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST1731028