Home > Archives > IJSRST173111
Experimental Studies on Sisal Fibre Reinforced Concrete
Authors(2) :-G. Sailaja Kumari, P. Radhakrishna Murthy
Concrete is strong in compression and weak in tension. So we will provide the reinforcement to the concrete. Majorly steel is used as the reinforcement. Many of the researches are in progress to find a substitute to this material. Many investigations proposed artificial fibres. In this project we would like to take the naturally available fibre named sisal fibre is taken as a substitute material to the reinforcement and studied the properties. The results show that the composites reinforced with sisal fibres are reliable materials tube used in practice for the production of structural elements to be used in rural and civil construction. This material could be a substitute to the steel reinforcement which production is a serious hazard to human and animal health and is prohibited in industrialized countries. The production of sisal fibres as compared with synthetic fibres or even with mineral asbestos fibres needs much less energy in addition to the ecological, social and economic benefits.
G. Sailaja Kumari, P. Radhakrishna Murthy
Sisal Fibre Reinforced Concrete, Synthetic Fibres, Tension, Ecological, Social, Economic Benefits.
- A. Aziz, P.Paramasivam and S.L.Lee 1984- Natural fibres are prospective reinforcing materials and their use
- K. Al-Oraimi and A.C.Seibi (1995)-Mechanical characterization and impact behaviour of concrete reinforced with natural fibres.
- Ramakrishna and T.Sundararajan (2002)-Rheological properties of coir fibre reinforced cement mortar
- Bilba, M.A.Arsene and A.Ouensanga (2003) - Sisalfibre reinforced cement composites
- Text book on properties of concrete by Nevielle
- Text book on concrete technology by M.S Shetty
- Text book on concrete technology by Ghambhir.
- IS: 383-1970 "Specification For Coarse And Fine Aggregates From Natural Sources For Concrete"
- IS: 456-2000 "Code Of Practice For Plain And Reinforced Concrete"
- IS: 516-1959 "Methods Of Testing For Strength Of Concrete"
- Splitting tensile stress is obtained using the formula based on IS: 5816-1970.
- Compression test is done confirming to IS: 516-1953
- The specimens like are used to conduct the strength tests are taken according to IS10086-1982
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 36-49
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173111
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
G. Sailaja Kumari, P. Radhakrishna Murthy, "Experimental Studies on Sisal Fibre Reinforced Concrete", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.36-49, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173111