Home > Archives > IJSRST173113
Experimental Investigation of Fiber Reinforced Concrete Using Flyash
Authors(2) :-P Raghavendra, P Nagarajan
Flyash is a waste product which is generated in thermal power stations. The quantity of fly ash produced from thermal power plants in India is approximately 270 million tons each year, and its percentage utilization is less than 15%. During the last few years, some cement companies have started using fly ash in manufacturing cement, known as ' Portland Pozzolana cement', but the overall percentage utilization remains very low, and most of the fly ash is dumped at landfills. Fine aggregate is natural resource in nature and to meet the demand of concrete in construction we are exploiting it gradually. Here concrete is made by using flyash as replacement to sand. In this way can save the natural resource by reducing its usage by using alternative product.
Concrete containing fly ash as partial to complete replacement of fine aggregate will improve its strength on long-term basis. In this investigation fly ash is used as sand replacement material. The material mix of proportion 1:1.58:3.2 Each category comprises of various percentages of sand replacement material in increasing order i.e. 0%, 20%,40%,80% and 100%. In addition to this slit-sheet steel fiber of 1% and 2% is incorporated for concrete works. The workability is maintained constant range for all mixes. Strength characteristics such as compressive strength, split tensile strength and flexural strength of concrete mixes are found out for 7, 14 and 28 days curing period and results are analyzed.
P Raghavendra, P Nagarajan
Fly-Ash, Power Stations, Portland Pozzolana Cement, Fine Aggregates, Slit-sheet steel, Compression, Tension, Flexure
- Malhotra H. L. "Effect of Temperature on the Compressive Strength of Concrete" Magazine of Concrete Research, 1956, 8 No. 23, 85-94.
- Potha Raju M., Shobha M., Rambabu K., "Flexural Strength of Fly Ash Concrete Under Elevated Temperatures" Magazine of Concrete Research, 2004, 56 No. 2, March 83-88.
- Lankard D.R., Birkimer D.L. Foundriest F.F. and Snyder M.J., "Effects of Moisture Content on the Structural Properties of Portland Cement Concrete Exposed to Temperatures of 500°F in Temperature and Concrete, " ACI Special Publication SP 25-3, American Concrete Institute, 1971, pp 59-102.
- Mohamedhbai G.T., G., "The Residual Compressive Strength of Concrete Subjected to Elevated Temperatures" Concrete, 1983, December 22 to 27.
- Siddique R. " Effect of Fine Aggregate Replacement with Class F Fly ash on Mechanical Properties of Concrete" Cement and Concrete Research, vol.33, 2003, pp 539-547.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 09-15
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173113
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
P Raghavendra, P Nagarajan, "Experimental Investigation of Fiber Reinforced Concrete Using Flyash", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.09-15, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173113