Home > Archives > IJSRST173120
Controlling Home Automation Using Android Platform
Authors(2) :-Dafer Rzok Saker, Surah Adel Mahmod
Smart Home is the residential extension of building automation and concerns the control and monitor of lighting, heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), appliances, and security. Smart systems usually consist of switches and sensors connected to a central hub often called a "gateway" where the system is controlled by a user interface that is communicate either with a wall-mounted terminal, mobile phone software, tablet computer or a web platform. However, smart home field is still heavily fragmented due to the very few world-wide standards that have been accepted in industry. In many competing operators common protocols of products include X10, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, ZigBee and Z-Wave, or other proprietary standards all of which are incompatible with each other. In this paper, we will make a comparison between these standards in order to choose the best protocol or standard in designing and deploying a Smart Home with remarkable features such as remote control, energy-efficient, and high scalability which provide both comfort and security to the consumers. This system will assist and give support to families, individuals, and elderly with disability or physical limitation or health issues in order to fulfill their needs of and in home. In this paper, we will analyze which standard makes the best fit for our proposed module and android based home controlling system for security, safety and healthcare for users. The existing system using protocols that provides either security and safety system or healthcare system but this project will give combination of these two systems. This system has more flexibility and can be deployed in many research areas. This paper illustrates a smart home system which could monitor and control household appliances remotely and realize real-time monitoring of home security status through mobile smartphone.
Dafer Rzok Saker, Surah Adel Mahmod
Smart Homes, android phone, Bluetooth, SDK, Wireless communications, ZigBee technology.
- Yavuz, B. Hasan, I. Serkan and K. Duygu. "Safe and Secure PIC Based Remote Control Application forIntelligent Home". International Journal of ComputerScience and Network Security, Vol. 7, No. 5, May 2007.
- Tan, T.Lee and C.Yee Soh. "Internet-Based Monitoring of Distributed Control Systems-AnUndergraduate Experiment". IEEE Transaction onEducation, Vol. 45, No. 2, May 2002.
- Sriskanthan and Tan Karand. "Bluetooth Based Home Automation System". Journal ofMicroprocessors and Microsystems, Vol. 26, pp.281-289, 2002.
- Official Android developer website: http://www.developer.android.com
- Official page for scmRTOS development: (http://scmrtos.sourceforge.net/ScmRTOS)
- Piyare, M.Tazil. "Bluetooth based home automation system using cell phone". 2011 IEEE 15thInternational Symposium on Consumer Electronics.
- Shiu Kumar"UBIQUITOUS SMART HOME SYSTEM USING ANDROID APPLICATION" International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications (IJCNC) Vol.6, No.1, January 2014
- Subhamay Sarker, Mithun Chakraborty and Anindita Banerjee "Low Cost Embedded System/Android Based Smart Home Automation System Using Wireless Networking", http://www.irphouse.com
- The official Bluetooth website from Bluetooth SIG www.Bluetooth.com, Date viewed: March 21, 2001, Bluetooth Specification Version 1.1.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 103-107
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173120
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Dafer Rzok Saker, Surah Adel Mahmod, "Controlling Home Automation Using Android Platform", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.103-107, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173120