Home > Archives > IJSRST173124
Antropogenic Pressure on Forest Cover and Its Change Detection Analysis Using Geoinformatics in Holalkere Taluk of Chitradurga District, Karnataka, India
Authors(2) :-Manjunatha M. C., Basavarajappa H. T.
There is a significant change in forest cover around the globe due to rapid rise in population, land use, forest fire, demand for economic mineral deposits, depletion of rainfall, climate change and global warming (?). The present aim is to focus mainly on planning and management of forest cover for environmental and socio-economic outcome to meet future needs. Mapping of forest cover and its Change Detection Analysis (CDA) is prepared using Survey of India (SoI) topomap of 1:50,000 scale; geo-rectified multi-spectral and multi-temporal image of IRS-1C/1D PAN+LISS-III of 5.8m resolution through GIS software’s. The final results highlight change detection in forest cover using multi-temporal satellite image using geo-informatics for its monitoring and sustainability.
Manjunatha M. C., Basavarajappa H. T.
Forest Cover, CDA, IRS Satellite Image, Holalkere, Geo-informatics
- Basavarajappa H.T and Dinakar S (2005). Land use/ land cover studies around Kollegal, Chamarajanagar district using Remote Sensing and GIS techniques, Journal of Indian Mineralogist, Special Vol.1, Pp: 89- 94.
- Basavarajappa H.T, Manjunatha M.C and Jeevan L (2014a). Application of Geoinformatics on Delineation of Groundwater Potential Zones of Chitradurga district, Karnataka, India., International Journal of Computer Engineering and Technology (IJCET), Vol.5, Issue.5, Pp: 94-108.
- Basavarajappa H.T, Manjunatha M.C and Jeevan L (2014b). Geoinformatics technique on Mapping and Reclamation of Wastelands in Chitradurga district, Karnataka, India, International Journal of Computer Engineering and Technology (IJCET), Vol.5, Issue.7, Pp: 99-110.
- Basavarajappa H.T, Dinakar S and Manjunatha M.C (2014c). Analysis of Land use/ land cover classification around Mysuru and Chamarajanagara district, Karnataka, India using IRS-1D, PAN+LISS-III Satellite data, International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology (IJCIET), Vol.5, Issue.11, Pp: 79- 96.
- Basavarajappa H.T, Manjunatha M.C and Rajendran S (2015a). Integration of Hyperspectral Signatures and major elements of Iron Ore Deposits around Holalkere range of Megalahalli, Chitradurga Schist Belt, Karnataka, India, Journal of The Indian Mineralogist, MSI, Vol.49, No.1, Pp: 85-93.
- Basavarajappa H.T and Manjunatha M.C (2015b). Groundwater quality analysis in Precambrian rocks of Chitradurga district, Karnataka, India using Geo-informatics technique, International conference on Water Resources, Coastal and Ocean Engineering (ICWRCOE-2015), Elsevier, ScienceDirect, Aquatic Procedia, Vol.4, Pp: 1354-1365.
- Basavarajappa H.T, Manjunatha M.C and Maruthi N.E (2016). Land Use/Land Cover change detection analysis in Hosadurga taluk of Chitradurga district, Karnataka, India using Geo-informatics technique, Journal of International Academic Research for Multidisciplinary (IJARM), Vol.4, Issue.2, Pp: 304-314.
- CGWB, Central Ground Water Board (2013). Govt. of India, Ministry of Water Resources, Groundwater Information Booklet, Pp: 1-31.
- Dinakar S., (2005). Geological, geomorphology and land use/land cover studies using Remote Sensing and GIS around Kollegal Shear Zone, South India, Unpub thesis, University of Mysore, Pp: 1-191.
- FAO, (1963). World Forest Inventory. Food and Agriculture Organization of United Nations, Rome.
- Madhavanunni N.V (1992). Forest and ecology application of IRS-1A data, Natural resources management – A new perspective, Publication and Public Relations Unit, ISRO-Hq, Bangalore, Pp: 108-119.
- Manjunatha M.C, Basavarajappa H.T and Jeevan L (2015a). Geomatics analysis on land use land cover classification system in Precambrian terrain of Chitradurga district, Karnataka, India, International Journal of Civil Engineering and Technology (IJCIET), Vol.6, Issue.2, Pp: 46-60.
- Manjunatha M.C and Basavarajappa H.T (2015b). Spatial data integration of lithology, geomorphology and its impact on Groundwater prospect zones in Precambrian terrain of Chitradurga district, Karnataka, India using Geomatics application, Global Journal of Engineering Science and Research Management, Vol.2, Issue.8, Pp: 16-22.
- Manjunatha M.C and Basavarajappa H.T (2015c). Spatio-temporal variation in Groundwater Quality Analysis on Chitradurga district, Karnataka, India using Geo-informatics technique, Global Journal of Engineering Science and Research Management, Vol.3, Issue.11, Pp: 164-179.
- NRSA (1995). Integrated mission for sustainable development, Technical Guidelines, National Remote Sensing Agency, Department of Space, Govt. of India, Hyderabad.
- NRSA (2007). National Remote Sensing Agency, Manual of Nationwide land use/land cover mapping using satellite imagery, part-1, Balanagar, Hyderabad.
- Pushpavathi K.N and Basavarajappa H.T (2009). Remote Sensing and GIS applications for Wasteland identification - a case study in Kollegal taluk, Chamarajanagar district, Karnataka, India, Environmental Geochemistry, Vol.12, No.1 & 2, Pp: 13-18.
- Roy P.S., Diwakar P.G., Vohra T.P.S and Bhan S.K (1990). Forest resources management using Indian Remote Sensing Satellite data, Asian-Pacific Remote Sensing J., Vol.3, No.1, Pp: 11-16.
- Saxena K.G, Rao K.S and Purohit A.N (1993). Sustainable forestry-prospects in India, Journal of Sustainable Forestry, Vol.1, Pp:69-95.
- Sudhakar S., Krishnan N., Das P and Raha A.K (1992). Forest cover mapping of Midnapore forest division using IRS-1A LISS-II data, Natural resources management – A new perspective, Publication and Public Relations Unit, ISRO-Hq, Bangalore, Pp: 314-3
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 71-76
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173124
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Manjunatha M. C., Basavarajappa H. T., "Antropogenic Pressure on Forest Cover and Its Change Detection Analysis Using Geoinformatics in Holalkere Taluk of Chitradurga District, Karnataka, India ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.71-76, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173124