Home > Archives > IJSRST173128
Experimental Investigation of Geopolymer Concrete Using Fly Ash and GGBS
Authors(3) :-Y. Dwaraka, T. Naresh Kumar, S. Vinay Babu
This experimental study was undertaken to study the strength characteristics of Geo-polymer concrete. This experiment involves study to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions by implementing use of alternative material to cement. Five to eight percent of the world's man- made greenhouse gas emissions is from the cement industry itself. It is an established fact that the greenhouse gas emissions are reduced by 80% in Geo-polymer concrete compared to conventional Portland cement manufacturing, as it does not involve carbonate burns etc. Thus Geo-polymer based Concrete is highly environment friendly and the same time it can be made a high-performance concrete. In the present study, 100% replacement of conventional ordinary Portland cement is made by using ASTM class F fly ash, Ground granulated blast furnace slag and catalytic liquids (or AAS) to prepare Geo-polymer concrete mixes. In our present study we evaluated strength characteristics of Geo polymer concrete by varying the molar concentration (6M, 8M, and 10M) and varying percentage of binding material. The work has been done to structural specimen like cylinders and cubes and evaluated compressive, split tensile strength for different binding material proportions and solution concentration.
Y. Dwaraka, T. Naresh Kumar, S. Vinay Babu
Geo-polymer concrete, Fly ash, Ground Granulated Blast Furnace Slag (GGBS), alkaline activator, compressive strength, Split tensile strength.
- I. Abdul Aleem P. D. Arumairaj : GEOPOLYMER CONCRETE- A REVIEW (page no 118-122 International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Emerging Technologies 2012)
- Anuradha, V.Sreevidya, R Venkatasubramani & B V Rangan: Relationship between compressive and tensile strength of geopolymer concrete. (Page no 18-23 The Indian concrete journal 2011).
- V Rangan, Djwantoro Hardjito, Steenie E.: Studies on of fly ash based geopolymer concrete.(Page 133-137 Curtain University of technology).
- Pratap Kishanrao: Design of Geopolymer concrete (Page no 1841-1844 international journal of innovative research in science. 2013).
- Ganapati Naidu. P, A. S. S. N.Prasad, S. Adiseshu, P. V. V.Satayanarayana: A Study on Strength Properties of Geopolymer Concrete with Addition of G.G.B.S ( page no 19-28 International Journal of Engineering Research and Development 2012).
- Vijai, R. Kumutha and B. G. Vishnuram: Effect of types of curing on strength of geopolymer Concrete( page no 1419-1423 International Journal of the Physical Sciences, 2010).
- Collins (1988) & James Aldred and John Day : IS Geopolymer concrete a suitable alternative to traditional concrete? ( 37th Conference on Our World in Concrete & Structures 29-31 August 2012, Singapore.
- Shankar H. Sanni1, Khadiranaikar, R. B: Performance of geopolymer concrete under severe environmental conditions (page no 396 – 407 International journal of civil and structural engineering Volume 3, No 2, 2012).
- Djwantoro Hardjito, Steenie E. Wallah, Dody M. J. Sumajouw, and B.Vijaya Rangan : On the Development of Fly Ash-Based Geo-polymer Concrete ( Page no 467 – 472, ACI Materials Journal/November-December 2004).
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 122-127
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173128
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Y. Dwaraka, T. Naresh Kumar, S. Vinay Babu, "Experimental Investigation of Geopolymer Concrete Using Fly Ash and GGBS", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.122-127, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173128