Home > Archives > IJSRST173136
4D Password Authentication Scheme
Authors(1) :-Gurwinder Singh
There are so many authentication schemes used presently, but they all have some drawbacks. It is very easy for anyone to filch or hack our passwords. So lately, the 3D password paradigm has been introduced. The 3D passwords which are more customizable and very interesting way of authentication. A 3D password is a multifactor authentication scheme that combines Recognisation + Recall +Tokens +Biometrics in one authentication system. This research paper presents a study of the 3D password and an approach to strengthen it by way of adding a Fourth dimension (also called 4D), that deals with gesture recognition and time recording, and that would help strengthen the authentication scheme altogether. Hence we attempt to propose a 4D password as a parent class of 3D password.
Authentication, Textual Password, Graphical Password, Bio-metrics, 3D Password, 4D password.
- Biederman, A. Glass, and E. Stacy. Searching for objects in real world scenes. Journal of Experimental Psychology, pages 22-27, 1973.
- Dhamija and A. Perrig," Deja vu: A User Study Using Images for Authentication," in Proceedings of 9th USENIX Security Symposium, 2000.
- Perrig and D. Song, "Hash Visualization: A New Technique to Improve Real-World Security, " in Proceedings of the 1999 International Workshop on Cryptographic Techniques and E-Commerce, 1999.
- International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 3, Issue 10, October-2012.
- Wiedenbeck, J. Waters, J.-C. Birget, A. Brodskiy, and N. Memon, "Authentication using graphical Passwords: Basic results," in Proc. Human Comput. Interaction Int., Las Vegas, NV, Jul. 25–27, 2005.
- Duhun Pooja, Gupta Shilpi, Sangwan Sujata, & Gulati Vinita, -SECURED AUTHENTICATION: 3D PASSWORD, I.J.E.M.S., VOL.3 (2), 242-245, 2012.
- Grover Aman, Narang Winnie,-4D Password: Strengthening the Authentication Scene, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 3, Issue 10, October 2012.
- Ronak Talati, Shubham Shah, 4D Authentication Mechanism, IOSR Journal of Computer Engineering, Volume 16, Mar-Apr. 2014.
- Nilima Nikam, Karishna Mane, 4D AUTHENTICATION SYSTEM USING MOUSE GESTURE, Journal of The International Association of Advanced Technology and Science, Vol. 16, March 2015.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 148-152
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173136
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Gurwinder Singh, "4D Password Authentication Scheme ", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.148-152, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173136