Home > Archives > IJSRST173139
Retrofitting of RC Beams Using Natural FRP Wrapping (NSFRP)
Authors(2) :-N. Prashanth, N. Shivashankar Reddy
There is a pressing need to repair or upgrade the building and civil infrastructure in many parts of the world. For instance with the modernization of buildings, it is sometimes desirable to remove supporting walls or individual supports, leading to the need for local strengthening. The strengthening and enhancement of the performance of deficient structural elements or the structure as a whole is referred to as retrofitting. Retrofit aims to strengthen a building to satisfy the requirements of the current codes for seismic design. The building may not be damaged or deteriorated. The various retrofitting techniques include steel plate bonding, polymer injection followed by concrete jacketing, use of advanced composite materials like FRP, Ferro cement etc.
To meet up the requirements of advance infrastructure new innovative materials technologies in civil engineering industry has started to make its way. During the last decade there has been a renewed interest in the natural fibre as a substitute for conventional as glass fibres and carbon fibres, motivated by potential advantages of weight saving, lower raw material price and thermal recycling or the ecological advantages of using resources which are renewable, also natural fibres are sustainable materials.
N. Prashanth, N. Shivashankar Reddy
Composites, Natural silk Fibers, Concrete, retrofitting.
- Majid Ali.et.al (2009),"Coir fibre and rope reinforced concrete beam under dynamic loading" the University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- Majid Ali. (2010), "Coconut fibre – A Versatile material and application in engineering", Second international conference on sustainable construction materials and technologies, June28-June 30,2010.
- Tara sen.et.al (2011),"A Numerical Study of Strengthening of RCC beams using Natural Bamboo Fibre" International journal of computer theory and engineering,Vol.3,No.5, October 2011.
- Tara sen and H.N. Jagannatha Reddy .et.al (2011),"Finite element simulation of retrofitting of RCC beam using coir fibre composites(natural fibre)", International journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, Vol.2, No.2, April 2011.
- Tara sen .et.al (2011), "Application of sisal, bamboo, coir and jute natural composites in structural upgradation", International journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, Vol.2, No.3, June 2011.
- J et.al(2012)" Performance Enhancement of Concrete Structures using Natural Fibre Composites" European Journal of Scientific ResearchVol.80 No.3 (2012), pp.397-405. Euro Journals Publishing, Inc.
- Battula Sudheer Kumar.et.al (2012) " Tensile Properties of Long Jute Fiber Reinforced Polypropylene Composites" International Journal of Engineering Inventions ISSN: 2278-7461, www.ijeijournal.com Volume 1, Issue 3 (September 2012) PP: 45-56
- Majid Ali (2010), "Coconut fibre – A Versatile material and application in engineering", Second international conference on sustainable construction materials and technologies, June28-June 30, 2010.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 163-166
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173139
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
N. Prashanth, N. Shivashankar Reddy, "Retrofitting of RC Beams Using Natural FRP Wrapping (NSFRP)", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.163-166, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173139