Home > Archives > IJSRST173140
An Experimental Investigation on Silica Fume Blended Cement Mortar with Stone Dust as a Fine Aggregate
Authors(2) :-G. Saddham, Rounak Hussain
The unabated escalation in the cost of cement provided an impetus for finding an alternative, because the Portland cement is an energy intensive material. The Ordinary Portland cement may not be ready to satisfy the requirements of present day's construction filed. The above needs necessitated the development of a new and cheaper material that can fully or partially replace cement in Civil Engineering Constructions. In light of a continuous research, many pozzolanic materials are introduced to the construction field and are well received by the construction industry. Some of the industrial by products possessing pozzolanic properties are paid attention by the researchers. The disposal problem of huge quantities of industrial wastes encouraged the interest of enthusiastic researchers. The Fly Ash and Condensed Silica Fume belongs to this category. The Fly Ash has already proved its efficiency as a pozzolanic material. Condensed Silica Fume (CSF), a recently introduced pozzolana, gained its importance in construction field within a very short span of time. A lot of research is still being continued in many other countries and the CSF is proved to be an effective pozzolanic material. The quantity of CSF available as a by product differs from Industry to Industry
G. Saddham, Rounak Hussain
Condensed Silica Fume, Compressive strength, w/binder ratio, Workability, Pozzolana, Fine aggregate (stone dust), Water
- IS: 269 – 1967 "Specification for ordinary, rapid – Hardening and Low heat Portland cement".
- IS : 650 – 1966 "Specification for standard sand for Testing of Cement"
- IS: 1727 – 1967 "Methods of Test for pozzolanic Materials".
- IS: 4031 – 1968 "Methods of physical Tests for Hydraulic Cement".
- IS: 1344 – 1968 "Specification for Burnt Clay Pozzolana".
- IS: 12269 "Specification for 53 Grade Cement".
- "Material Testing Laboratory Manual" Compiled by Prof.G.S. Krishna Murthy, S.V.U. College of Engineering, Vol.2.
- A.M., "Properties of Concrete", Pitman Publishing Ltd., London, 1973.
- D.F., "Concrete Technology", Vol.I, Third Edition, Applied Science Publishers Ltd., London, 1973.
- Orchard D.F., "Concrete Technology", Vol.II, First Edition, Asia Publishing House, New Delhi – 1963.
- Shetty, M.S., "Concrete Technology", S.Chand & Company Ltd., New Delhi – 1994.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 153-162
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173140
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
G. Saddham, Rounak Hussain, "An Experimental Investigation on Silica Fume Blended Cement Mortar with Stone Dust as a Fine Aggregate", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.153-162, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173140