Home > Archives > IJSRST173146
Structural Annotation and Homology Modeling of Protein Kinase 6(PfPK6) from Plasmodium Falciparum
Authors(3) :-Yogesh N. Joshi, Vinod P. S., Vyankatramna Yemul
Malaria is a major public health burden in the developing world. Plasmodium falciparum enters in blood stream and replicates in S-phase of cell cycle and releases merozoites. PfPK6, a putative homologue of p34cdc cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) required for entry into both S-phase and mitosis. Our work suggests that PfPK6 protein can acts as target for the inhibition of Plasmodium falciparum activity in Malaria disease. The present investigation includes retrieval of amino acid information and sequence analysis of PfPK6 from major protein sequence database and tools. The Physiochemical parameters like amino acid propensity, molecular weight, isoelectric point, aliphatic index, hydropathicity were determined. The secondary structure of PfPK6 was predicted using SOPMA secondary structure method. The 3D structure was predicted using SWISS-MODEL server and model was further validated using PROCHECK analysis tool. The function of PfPK6 was identified by Pfam domain database. In silico structural characterization and homology modeling of PfPK6 can put insight into development of new antimalarial drugs by structure based drug designing.
Yogesh N. Joshi, Vinod P. S., Vyankatramna Yemul
Malaria, Plasmodium falciparum, PfPK6, In silico , cyclin-dependent kinase etc.
- Breman, J. G. The ears of the hippopotamus: manifestations, determinants, and estimates of the malaria burden. 2001.J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 64, 1–-11 .
- Tarlov, A. R.; Brewer, G. J.; Carson, P. E.; Alving, A. S. Primaquine sensitivity. Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency: an inborn error of metabolism of medical and biological significance. Arch. Int. Med. 1962, 109, 209−234.
- Valerie Bracchi-Ricard, Sailen Barik., Cherie Delvecchio, Christian Doerig., Ratna Chakrabarti And Debopam Chakrabarti PfPK6, a novel cyclin-dependent kinase/mitogen-activated protein kinase-related protein kinase from Plasmodium falciparum., 2000 Biochem. J. 347, 255-263.
- Chakrabarti, D., Schuster, S. M. and Chakrabarti, R. 1993 Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci.U.S.A. 90, 12020-12024.
- Ross-Macdonald, P. B., Graeser, R., Kappes, B., Franklin, R. and Williamson, D.1994 Eur. J. Biochem 220, 693-701.
- Kristina I Moody and Lisa M Lindert. purification and Characterization of Recombinant PfPK6 a cyclin-dependent kinase from the malarial Parasite P.falciparum.2006., The FASEB Journal. 20: A462
- Magrane M. And the UniProt consortium. UniProt Knowledgebase: a hub of integrated protein data Database, 2011, .
- Gasteiger E, Hooglan C, Gattiker A, Duvaud S, Wilkins MR, Appel RD et al. 2005.The Proteomics Protocols Handbook, Human Press, 571-607.
- Geourjon C, Deléage G. SOPMA: significant improvements in protein secondary structure prediction by consensus prediction from multiple alignments. 1995., Comput Appl Bioscience., 11(6):681-4.
- Arnold K, Bordoli L, Kopp J, Schwede T. The SWISS-MODEL Workspace: A web-based environment for protein structure homology modelling.2006. Bioinformatics. 22:195-201.
- Kiefer F, Arnold K, Künzli M, Bordoli L, Schwede T. The SWISS-MODEL Repository and associated resources. 2009., Nucleic Acids Research ., 37:D387-D392.
- Laskowski RA, MacArthur MW, Moss DS, Thornton JM. PROCHECK - a program to check the stereochemical quality of protein structures. 1993., J App. Cryst., 26:283-291.
- Sayle RA,Milner-White EJ. (RASMOL: biomolecular graphics for all. 1995., Trends Biochem Sci.,20(9):374.
- Erik LL, Sonnhammer, Eddy SR, Durbin R. Pfam: comprehensive database of protein domain families based on seed alignment. 1997., PROTEINS: structure, functions and Genetics. 28:405-420.
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 248-251
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173146
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
Yogesh N. Joshi, Vinod P. S., Vyankatramna Yemul, "Structural Annotation and Homology Modeling of Protein Kinase 6(PfPK6) from Plasmodium Falciparum
", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.248-251 , January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173146