Home > Archives > IJSRST173153
Comparative Study of RCC and Composite Structures with Soft Storey using ETABS
Authors(2) :-G. Dilip Kumar, A. B. S. Dadapeer
Steel-concrete-composite buildings are formed by connecting the steel beams with concrete slab or profiled deck slab with the help of mechanical shear connectors so that slab and beam act as a single unit. In India, this new concept is under the verge of popularity and also most of the building structures were built as low rise buildings. Composite construction combines dynamic properties of steel and concrete at its maximum extent to provide appreciably a greater strength and stability for the framed structures.
In the present work, options of construction of (G+15storey) commercial building, with steel-concrete-composite and RCC are studied and compared with each other. Equivalent linear Static Method of Analysis explained in ETABS version 13software is used and results are compared for different parameters. Comparative parameter includes roof deflections, base shear, storey drifts, for the building and axial forces and bending moments for column’s and beams at different level. It is observed that steel-concrete-composite building is found to be more safe and economical and better option.
A commercial package ETABS 2013 has been utilized for analyzing high – rise building of Two structures G+15, one made of composite steel concrete material and other one is made up of RCC, situated in the earth quake zone III, having a medium soil were investigated analytically. The result has been compared using tables & graph to find out the most optimized solution. Concluding remark has been made on the basis of this analysis & comparison tables.
G. Dilip Kumar, A. B. S. Dadapeer
Steel-concrete-composite buildings, profiled deck slab , construction of (G+15storey) commercial building , ETABS version 13software.
- R Panchal and P.M. Marthe (December, 2011) "Comparative Study of RCC, Steel and Composite (G+30) Storey Building" Institute Of Technology, Nirma University, Ahmedabad – 382 481, pp 1-6
- Mahesh Suresh Kumawat And L.G.Kalurkar (May 2014) "Analysis And Design Of Multistory Building Using Composite Structure" International Journal Of Structural And Civil Engineering Research Vol. 3, No. 2 pp 126-137.
- Nitin M Wared and P.J.Salunke December, 2013 "Comparative Study On Analysis And Design Of Composite Structure" International Journal Of Advance Research In Science And Engineering Vol. No.2, Issue No.12, pp 41-50.
- Ketan Patel And Sanal Thakkar(2013) Entitled "Analysis Of CFT, RCC And Steel Building Subjected To Lateral Loading" Chemical, Civil And Mechanical Engineering Tracks Of The 3rd Nirma University International Conference On Engineering pp 259-265.
- Manjunath M Birje(2014) "Comparative Study On Structural Parameter Of R.C.C And Composite" Civil And Environmental Research, ISSN 2224-5790 (Paper) ISSN2225-0514 (Online)Vol.6, No.6. pp 98-109
- Rahul Pandey (May 2014) "Comparative Seismic Analysis of RCC, Steel & Steel-Concrete Composite Frame" Department Of Civil Engineering National Institute Of Technology Rourkela- 769008.pp 1-32
- Shweta A. Wagh and Dr. U. P. Waghe (April 2014) "Comparative Study Of R.C.C And Steel Concrete Composite Structures" Journal Of Engineering Research And Applications Www.Ijera.Com ISSN: 2248-9622, Vol. 4, Issue 4(Version 1), pp 369-376
- Hiten L. Kheni and Anuj K. Chandiwala (April 2014) "Seismic Response of RC Building with Soft Stories" International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJEET) – Volume 10 Number 12 pp 565-568
- Zubair Ahmed K.V.Ramana and Ramnachandra Pradeep Kumar (September 2014)"Seismic Response Of RC Frame Structure With Soft Storey" IJEET: International Journal Of Research In Engineering And Technology Volume: 03 Issue: 09 pp 180-186SuchitaHirde and Ganga Tepugade(2014) "Seismic Performance Of Multistory Building With Soft Storey At Different Level With RC Shear Wall" International Journal Of Current Engineering And Technology E-ISSN 2277 – 4106, P-ISSN 2347– 5161 Vol.4, No.3 pp 2019-2023.
- B.Lamb And DrR.S.Londhe(December 2012) "Seismic Behavior Of Soft First Storey" Iosr Journal Of Mechanical And Civil Engineering ISSN: 2278-1684 Volume 4, Issue 5 pp 28-33.
- Mehmet Inel and Hayri B Ozmen(October 2008) "Effect Of Infill Walls On Soft Story Behavior In Mid-Rise RC Buildings" The 14th World Conference On Earthquake Engineering ,Beijing, China.
- Amish N. Shah 1, Dr. P.S. Pajgade(March -April 2013) " ComparisonOf R.C.C. And Composite Multistoried Buildings" International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) ISSN: 2248-9622 Vol. 3, Issue 2, pp.534-539.
- "Euro code 4" Design of Composite Steel and Concrete Structures - Part 1-1: General Rules and Rules for Buildings Bs En 1994-1-1:2004En 1994-1-1:2004"IS 1893(Part 1): 2002"Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design Of Structures Part 1 General Provisions and Buildings(Fifth Revision)Bureau of Indian Standards New Delhi.
- IS : 875 (Part 1) – 1987 ( Incorporating Is : 1911-1967 ) (Reaffirmed 1997) Edition 3.1(1997-12) Code Of Practice ForDesign Loads (Other Than Earthquake)For Buildings And Structures Part 1 Dead Loads — Unit Weights Of Building Materials And Stored Materials ( Second Revision )
- IS: 875 (Part 2) – 1987 (Reaffirmed 1997) Code of Practice ForDesign Loads (Other Than Earthquake) For Buildings and Structures Part 2 Imposed Loads(Second Revision) Sixth Reprint June 1998.
- IS: 11384- 1985 Indian StandardCode of Practice forComposite Construction In Structural Steel and Concrete.
- IS 456-2000 Indian Standard Plain and Reinforced Concrete - Code of Practice (Fourth Revision) Bureau of Indian Standards New Delhi Dr. VinodHosur "Earth Quake Resistant Design of Building Structures" Wiley India Pvt. Ltd. Publications, first edition 2013 Dr. Ashok K Jain "Reinforced Concrete Limit State Design" Published by: Nem Chand & Bros., Roorkee Page No: 876 (Vol 6th Ed) year: 2006 Design of Steel Structures by Limit State Method as Per Is 800-2007 by S. S. Bhavikatti Department of Civil Engineering BVBCET Hubli.
- Steel Table By Professor R Agor, Publishers Birla Publications Pvt.Ltd National Information Center of Earthquake Engineering At IIT Kanpur Earth Quake Tips
Published in : Volume 3 | Issue 1 | January-February 2017
Date of Publication : 2017-02-28
License: This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Page(s) : 274-284
Manuscript Number : IJSRST173153
Publisher : Technoscience Academy
PRINT ISSN : 2395-6011
ONLINE ISSN : 2395-602X
Cite This Article :
G. Dilip Kumar, A. B. S. Dadapeer, "Comparative Study of RCC and Composite Structures with Soft Storey using ETABS", International Journal of Scientific Research in Science and Technology(IJSRST), Print ISSN : 2395-6011, Online ISSN : 2395-602X, Volume 3, Issue 1, pp.274-284, January-February-2017
URL : http://ijsrst.com/IJSRST173153